1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

just saw Obama about 100 feet from me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SunsRocketsfan, Oct 24, 2016.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Random non political thread but I just saw Obama playing golf at Torrey Pines in San Diego. He was about 100 feet from me.

I work next to the golf course with a view of the ocean from my office window. I noticed there were secret service looking folks this morning and asked around. Someone said there were rumors Obama was playing golf. Then 5 mins later out pops Obama and he tees off right in front of us.

Didn't get any good pics but just a cool story bro post. :) Regardless of your political leanings still pretty cool to see the President of the United States.

#1 SunsRocketsfan, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Nook, AroundTheWorld and shastarocket like this.
  2. hvic

hvic Member

Cool post and I wonder how good he is in golf.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Prez is doing a rally in San Diego so...

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That is pretty cool. I thought my office view of trees and water was pretty picturesque, but your view of a golf course and an ocean is vastly superior. So San Diego is more beautiful than Pasadena, TX... Who would've thunk it? :D

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

They don't call it "Stink Diego" for nothin'.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Your view sounds amazing. Do you work at the Salk Institute by any chance? It's on my bucket list for the next time I'm in San Diego

8. SunsRocketsfan

yeah I am really fortunate to have a office with such a view. The Salk Institute is actually across the street from me. I'm right next door at the Sanford Consortium which literally borders the golf course. The back door opens to a pathway directly to Torrey Pines golf course which is where we saw Obama. I was wondering why there was heavier traffic than normal today. Turns out they sealed off part of the road. Thanks Obama ;)

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I've been there a few times, a friend of mine has a house not far from where you work. Had dinner a few times at Torrey Pines as well. Great place to be.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The family and I para-glided there this summer. Funny story: if the wind isn't strong enough after take-off, the plan B is to land on the beach below, which, as my six-year old found out*, is a nude beach....

* I was going to say "the hard way"... but thought twice about it...

shastarocket and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. SunsRocketsfan

yes, right below the Glider Port is the infamous Black's Beach.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Been within a few meters of the Prez during a Summit. That's like a few meters of secret service people.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

an honest 13 will shoot about 90, probably 94 at Torrey

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The golf course is absolutely your best chance to spot Obama, so this is not surprising to me.

16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I've been waiting 22 hours for this comment. Almost lost hope, but you swooped in to save me.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You're right. Because it is the only time he gets to be outside in the fresh air, the other 350 days a year he has a 24 hour work cycle behind closed doors and maximum security protection.

4 hours of freedom must feel like heaven.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama plays a lot of golf. Even after ISIS beheaded their first American. No Fs given from Barry