1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just saw Fesenko arriving SLC from Hou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Sep 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

man clutchfans is a hotbed of insider info lately, I love it

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Obviously I don't know the inside Jazz stuff like you, but I'll offer my opinion anyways. The Jazz under Sloan were never built around a Center, it was the PG/PF combo that Sloan inherited when Stockton and Malone were already there. So if Fesenko has dreams of becoming an All-Star under Sloan, then he might be heading for disappointment. I take it you don't count Okur as one that the Jazz developed since he was a Piston for 2 years before joining the Jazz, but Okur was an All-Star. And Ostertag was a viable starter for the Jazz that went to the Finals twice, when he left them he didn't do much of anything.

As for Koufos traded over Fes, I don't know the inside details on that one. Fes was getting more minutes than Koufos, so I'm led to believe Fes is the more desirable of the 2.

You grew up in Utah, you should know already that it's Sloan's way or the highway. You question his treatment of Fes, but surely you can't be questioning the results he gets out of his players. Frankly that's the way it should be, team success > individual player accomplishment.

Edit: Maybe the Wolves wanted the better dancer of the 2:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKAMWO-VAbM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKAMWO-VAbM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#102 v3.0, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I don't understand. He is getting off the plane in Salt Lake city...

4. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

never mind :grin:

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

You are my favorite Jazz fan.

If Fes does move to Houston and you follow him, can we expect you to be an active part of the clutchfans community? We could use another insider around these parts. :grin:

7. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Yes and yes. Also I think you will find Fes himself will be one of the most accesible players as well.

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You talk as if this is a done deal. Is it? :confused: Are you prohibited from saying so?

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

We actually gave a "presentation" to Fresenko? what is wrong with this world?

@tribjazz

what next? a customized iPad?

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Judging from @tribjazz's tweet, I think you just earned yourself a "member" status

:)

11. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

No, not a done deal. No offer as of yet. I think Houston is probably waiting to hear from Dampier before they do anything with Fes. I was just trying to let you guys know that you have a class organization that really impressed him. Whether he signs with the Rockets this year or not I can say there is definitely interest in being with the Rockets in the future.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Fes talk to Tracy McGrady and Stephen A Smith yet? Stephen A. and TMac knows the truth about how the Rockets treats elite athletes.

(Sorry, inside joke: TMac complained about the Adelman not playing him last year and his pal Stephen A. talked about how "elite athletes" will remember how TMac got mistreated. Well, we saw where McGrady's level of play was at when he got minutes with the Knicks.)

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So Houston was the last team he met with? If thats so then thats great news, so far.

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

coachbadlee?

15. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Yo I got some insider info too. The Jazz suck.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ And yet they had a better record than us so what does that make us? I think we need to up our game before we trash talk or we just look like losers.

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

No its a strap-on.

18. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

19. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Yes, I have always admired the Rockets. They raise babies in Houston, teach them to play basketball from a very early age, groom them through high school, and bring them straight to the NBA. They never trade players to other teams and have never brought in a player from another team. Every player to have played for Houston, comes from Houston and retires with Houston. Yes, Houston is fully self-sufficient in their team staffing.

Dude, your opinion of the Jazz or any other team really means nothing in a thread about an individual player. Fes is not the Jazz anymore than Budinger is the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You will have to excuse some Clutchfans. Although, you do understand that the Rockets and Jazz are not the best of friends.