1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just saw Fesenko arriving SLC from Hou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carlit0, Sep 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

You won't want mine but I will get you Fes' when he signs.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now you done gone and got us all excited!!! :grin:

3. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

No contract offered yet...definitely interested to see what they offer. He met with the front office and all of the coaches except for your head coach. They started with a tour of the city for about and hour and a half followed by meetings, lunch, more meetings, dinner etc. I'm not sure where he ate but LOVED it. Some kind of wild mushroom soup, a rabbit dish (sorry vegetarians) and some kind of a lobster dish.

4. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Jazzfanz.com but they lost their entire board a couple of months ago so unfortunately a lot of really good info was lost but it is probably the most active.

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Was it 3 forks or something like that posted in another thread where the guy thought he was milos

6. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

I wasn't with him so I don't know but I will ask him.

1 person likes this.
  7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow thanks for the great info!

Thought I would never like a jazz fan lol jk

1 more question where do u want him to go stay in Utah or sign with Houston and Utah doesn't match?

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

so do you think the jazz would match a 2 yr 4 million contract, hypothetically speaking?

9. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

I'm with Fes now... he denies ever eating rabbit and wonders where you got the idea that he did.

Stop making stuff up.

10. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

I'm torn in that I'm from Utah and have kids who are in school here. I work with/for Fes and would probably move if he does. I have another business not dependent on him but we work closely with him so it would be a tough decision for us. I can't stand another season though watching him waste away on the bench just because Jerry Sloan is in a bad mood.

As for whether the Jazz would match or not. I really don't know. They kind of said so publicly when free agency started in June and that is part of the reason he didn't get a lot of offers from other teams. Up to 1.5M almost guaranteed they will match. 2M...I don't know, probably 50/50.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Ok, I personally don't care what Fesenko ate or where he ate, it's pretty much confirmed he was here in houston and met with Morey.

Sounds like your his personal trainer.

12. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

That is funny. Where is Fes now?

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Well Rick Adleman will never play Jt either.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we signed him and ge rotts a way on the bench but hopefully not.

14. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

The one thing the Jazz have going for them is that their starting center Mehmet Okur is injured until December possibly January which almost guarantees significant playing time for at least 2-3 months. They picked up Al Jefferson to replace Boozer and he can play center but that isn't why they traded for him. They have another vet named Elson they just signed but definitely not the starting type.

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

And Fes is?

16. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Well, if sarcasm is what you want, then I can dish it with the best. Yes Fes is. When he started for the Jazz, they did quite well. Did very well against Denver, had 2 sucky games against LA, a decent 3rd and a great 4th.

The biggest thing is consistency. Watching him have a good game, hear coach Sloan praise his work efforts and suggest that he needs to find a way to get him more playing time only to watch him benched for the next 5 games is demoralizing to any player. Does he need work, HELL yes. I'm not pretending he doesn't but he has gotten this far with a club that doesn't even have a true center coach.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sloan and Kevin O'Connor are known to pluck unknowns and make viable NBA players out of them. Shandon Anderson's success in Utah was because Sloan knew how to utilize him effectively which didn't happen here in Houston.

So when Sloan sits a player, I tend to side with Sloan. That's the life of a NBA bench player anyways, be ready whenever your name is called.

18. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Alright I came to this board to discuss the basics. He went, he saw, he liked Houston.

There are plenty of Jazz fans who will agree with you and just as many who will disagree. Name the last center of any consequence that the Jazz has developed. Go ahead I dare you. Sloan doesn't like the fact that Fes was immature when he came to Utah, that he likes to laugh etc. If those are appropriate reasons for benching a player in yours and Jerry Sloan's mind then so be it. Jerry does bring the good out of players and frankly I'm thrilled that the first three years for Fes were in Salt Lake with lots of structure. Without it, I'm not sure he would even still be in the league. That said, he has done nearly everything the Jazz of asked of him. He was almost always one of the first players to both practices and games. He took the early bus to EVERY game except one where the assistant coaches told him he didn't need to only to be punished by Sloan. Ask yourself this. Why did wonder boy Kosta Koufos get traded by the team but they held onto Fes?

19. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

well i hope we can pick him up!
    houston is a great place for a young developing center with a great personality and work ethic:)

20. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

@go4jazz

From the limited footage I've seen of Fesenko, I like him. However, assuming that Yao is as healthy as a Bul this season, how many minutes can Fesenko get? Brad Miller is a starting calibre veteran Center, and he is already playing back up to Yao.

I hope Fesenko joins the team, and I hope he works his way into the rotation, because he has the perfect skillset as Yao's primary backup. But it will be difficult to beat out Brad Miller. Miller, while not the ideal Yao backup (not the shotblocking rebounding type the Mutombo was), he is perfect for the general system the rockets played last season.

I will be interesting to see what happens should Fesenko sign with the Rox. I wish him all the best.