1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just in: "Willis has small hands" is a lie!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Dec 28, 2001.

1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Dude, In pregame shootaround I saw Willis holding the ball with one hand, palming it downwards, talking with a guy. He then pointed to someone on the floor with the index finger of the hand that was palming the ball and gestured with it. He was palming it, palm down, with four fingers. Charles Barkley couldn't even do that. The guy can't make a layup due a deficiency in his basketball talent. That also goes for his inability to catch. His hands are fine.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

His hands are not the problem. His ARMS are short as hell! I mean, with his big muscles and short arms, he looks like a freaking T-Rex!!!! If his arms were in proper proportion with his body, he would have been a perennial All-Star as a center with the Hawks. Heck, maybe he and Dominique would have actually won something down in Atlanta! ;)

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah but fromobile was just responding to all those who said he has small hands, and I have seen quite a few posts with people saying that.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Palming a basketball has more to do with hand stregnth than hand size. Palming a ball is the ability to squeeze the ball as opposed to hand size. A person can have hands very small, if they can sqeeze the ball firmly, they can palm it.

5. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I don't care how strong my wife's hands are - she'll never be able to palm a basketball. You have to get your hands around a certain percentage of the ball - or the strength of your hands is moot. Not being able to do the four fingers thing on even a volleyball, I can't comment on what it takes to do that.

What I can comment on is Willis' hand size. I'm 5'10, with relatively big hands for my height. I shook Willis' hand this year, and it dwarfed mine - to the point where his palm wrapped around my hand. Unfortunately, I don't have any other hands to really compare it to so I can't say if he has small hands for his size or not.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those new to the board or are simply temporary bandwagoners, apparently there's been some confusion. Allow me to clarify :

Hakeem Olajuwon - small hands, not 7'.
    Kevin Willis - short arms, can't catch
    Kelvin Cato - no skills, can't catch

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I wonder who that "temporary bandwagoner" could be...lol!

Oh, and allow me to expand, it's:

Kelvin Cato - no skills, can't catch, not 7'

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Kelvin Cato - no skills, can't catch, not 7', Lanky Oaf.

9. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Need more clarification?

Kato - no skills, can't catch, not 7', Lanky Oaf, that we over pay to sit his lazzy no good A#S on the damn bench!!!

10. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

He has large hands but he just doesnt have soft hands. That's the one area that I think Cato beats him in (that and Willis has short arms). I remember a game against the Lakers where it came to the final basket in overtime and steve gave Willis a great pass under the basket for the layup and Willis bobbled the ball away from the goal. If that had been Cato we would have won.

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Except Cato would have been wandering around somewhere instead of being underneath the basket.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

...another case of Franchise building...

That was Mobley not Steve (after Steve got stripped out of bounds for his GoTo chance), and all hatas on the bbs blaimed Cuttino for not taking the shot. :rolleyes: Had it really been Steve, half of those people who blaimed Cat for not shooting would have really been blaming Willis for not shielding gdamn Fox from the ball....it was a point blank layup or free throws, if Willis fights for the ball.

13. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Riiiight, Cato has never bobbled a good dish. Both Willis and Cato should have gone into boxing, where hands of stone are an asset.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fromobile, weren't you the one that said that not only Willis' hands were not small??? :D

15. The Voice of Reason

DOD, you forgot the thing about hakeems age and adding a Cut-tino would have been nice. :)

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hehehe...I found it! I knew it was you... :-D

Somehow I have this suspicion that you ARE Kevin Willis...don't know why... :cool:

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Grrrrrrr....I would like to edit that smilie from :-D to :D, but I think that would take me out of the spelling contest because three minutes might have passed already :eek: .

18. BDJ

BDJ Member

Cato couldn't catch a cold - that's his biggest problem.
    Didn't Matt Galante train Craig Biggio to play second base by tossing him 100 grounders every day? Maybe Rudy should bounce 100 balls off the backboard for Cato to catch after every practice. Or better yet, just have Morris shoot 100 3-pointers...

19. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

That's exactly what I've been saying all along Det. There is NO part of Kevin Willis that is small. Not his hands, not his feet...nothing. The arm theory is silly, too. They aren't the longest arms for a 7 footer, but compared to mine, they're pretty darn long arms. He doesn't have hakeem's arm span, but if you lined him up next to...say..Crispee, or Dr of Dunk, and stripped them all of their clothes, you would see a sharp contrast in overall length of Kevin's appendages when compared to Crispee or Dr of Dunk's appendages. It would be startling, I assure you. This isn't even taking his overall thickness into account. Now..If it were Clutch or Jeff in the comparison...the contrast would perhaps be blinding. It definitely wouldn't be something you'd want to let your children see. Let's not even speak of it.

Good point Det.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm lying under my desk, laughing my "ยง% off :D :D :D.