1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Just how good is Clint Capela going to be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 12, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Huh?

2. dmoneybangbang

He gets better and stronger every year, but I don't really see him taking a huge leap unless he really improves his shooting. If he could hit at the elbow in the PNR, that would be a huge leap, but I think we will see more incremental improvements across the board.

34to11 likes this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

There's no point in keeping him if he can't play 30+ min every game.

4. 34to11

34to11 Member

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

A normal 'starter' should play 30+ minutes per game wouldn't you agree?

As in, you don't see Boogie, Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert, Marc Gasol, Karl-Anthony Towns, etc. averaging only 24 minutes per game do you?

#65 tc0330, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  6. dmoneybangbang

None of those people you mentioned are "normal" starters but some of the elite big men who have to carry their respective teams.

This is Clint's 3rd year in the league and we just saw his first year as a starter. I'd be concerned if that trend continued into the trade deadline of the upcoming season.

kingjosh likes this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

All i'm saying is, its his contract year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to gauge his trade value if he can't play 30+ min per game next year.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy Gobert played 26 minutes a game when he was 22.
    Clint Capela played 24 minutes a game when he was 22.

I expect him to be up close to 30 this season.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Look at the Warriors' roster. They spent the least amount of money on the C position (depth was Zaza and McGee) because that in their opinion (and rightfully so IMO) is the least valuable position in today's game due to stretch 4s/5s limiting their defensive effectiveness along with their own offensive liabilities due to not being able to shoot. And of course their best lineups was a non-traditional big man like Draymond playing the 5.

Allocating a bunch of money for a guy who has zero shooting range outside of 5 feet and will never become an all-star would be a huge mistake for Morey.

Hopefully, other GMs can be convinced he's a future top 5 C and we can trade him for a real all-star.

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Ah, I'll take your word for it and I hope your right because he's a special player. I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

they spend the least amount of money on the C position bc DG is really their center. None of the other teams in the league have that luxury of a player like him so it doesn't apply