1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just for fun, my offseason moves for the Rockets in 2K13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonwu91430, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

OK. Just for fun then (extremely unlikely but possible).

Trade 1: Robinson + White + $2.1m for 2014 (protected top 10) from Charlotte.

Reason:
    Charlotte need cash and a PF. Can waive White and absorb the cap hit.

Trade 2: Garcia + Delfino + Brooks for J.Smith

Reason:
    Atlanta realize they are not going to land either Paul or Howard. They want something back instead of just letting Smith walk. Garcia, Delfino, Brooks are all expiring contracts. Garcia, Delfino, Brooks = $12m, the exact price Josh Smith signs for, so cap room is maintained.

However, Atlanta decides to waive and decline all to go after Pau Gasol after the Lakers amnesty him.

Trade 3: Sign Dwight outright

Reason:
    Because he likes Houston clubs.

Trade 4: Lin and Asik for Chris Paul

Reason:
    Paul and Sterling have a huge falling out. There is no way Paul stays, he threatens to walk out. Sterling sees the logic in getting something of value back.

Trade 5: Re-sign Garcia to the $2.6m room exception, Delfino and Brokks to vet. minimum.

Reason:
    They all want to come back and play on a contender.

Trade 6: Sign Rip Hamilton amd Greg Oden to vet minimum

Reason:
    Want to play on a contender

2013/14 Line-up

Paul / Beverley / Brooks (vet min)
    Harden / Anderson / Hamilton (vet min)
    Parsons / Garcia (room) / Delfino (vet min) / 2nd Rounder
    J.Smith / Jones / D-Mo
    Howard / G.Smith / Oden

:grin::grin::grin:

2. kfchong

kfchong Member

After traded JSmoove, you won't have space to sign D12 from FA.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Oops. You're right. Good pick-up. Well, that pipe dream just went up in smoke :grin:

4. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

I never got into 2k13 Association. The one time I tried, I started up as the Bobcats and managed to trade Ben Gordon + pick for James Harden.

I also can't stand playing as Houston, Harden feels weird and every other player is stupidly underrated.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

i signed dwight after the 1st year, got the bobcats 1st round pick for my pick and Asik. Wiggins ended up dropping to that pick. Then traded Lin, White, and a 1st round pick for DWILL!

Dwill/Beverly
    Harden/Wiggings/Bell
    Parsons/Casspi
    Robinson/rookie PF
    Dwight/Trey Tompkins/Aaron Grey