1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just finished Breaking Bad for the first time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Mar 30, 2021.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm man, I like the wire and breaking bad a lot. I think maybe it was different viewing it in real time for me on BB, maybe it didn't seem as slow to me since I started watching it from season 1 and would have to wait to find out if it was even getting renewed, around season 2/3 I felt a lot more confident, I was worried initially due to the writers strike but it actually helped change the whole story iirc.

Anyway I definitely like both shows a ton.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Was never able to get past the first few episodes of season 2 for The Wire. But Game of thrones was ass

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, for me, are the best paced shows in tv history

jiggyfly and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

To each their own. I think it's over rated and will watch many other shows before it. Watched it for the hype and I found Walter White to be the least successful and most pathetic crime lord of all time.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I respect your opinion. For me, slow show with moments of greatness but far too much aggrandizing of an ultimately mediocre and petty criminal. Gus was the best character in that whole show and actually competent at crime.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

It absolutely was but it's the best you'll ever get as Martin will never finish that series, he is too busy making money of the success of the TV show by doing other enterprises. I don't blame him, I would do the same and try to milk the money making machine to the last drop. Mark it, Martin will pass away and the series will never be completed.

6. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Roscoe Arbuckle and rhino17 like this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Funny to hear someone say The Wire.

I thought BB was absolutely captivating. I couldn't even get through 2 seasons of the Wire before I just got too bored and forgot about it.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

maybe he will just complete the books and have them published after death

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

No, that man is hungry for money. He even said no one will be given permission to finish the series after he dies, like Robert Jordan allowed Brandon Sanderson to do. I read his blog for years hoping for updates on the upcoming books. He was always promoting other projects and giving out excuses to why he could not finish the books. Eventually, I realized it will never happen and I appreciated that GOT TV show at least gave us an ending, even if lots of it sucked.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I know I'm in the minority, but BB was mostly family drama of a narcissist who manipulated a former student into doing drug deals for him because he felt he had nothing to lose due to cancer. Along the way he fumbled himself into some success but continued to blunder. Soooo many of the episodes were filled with family drama and bickering with his partner. It was like watching the Kardashians for a low middle class white family. He never even became a dominant crime lord, just ran labs for real crime lords like Gus, while all he could muster were Pinkman's friends as his gang. Just slow AF. You literally couldn't pay me to watch it again.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

if you think the show was slow that means it was not a show for you it seems you just wanted a lot of action and thats not what the show was all about I have no idea how you could watch it at 1.5 speed, the dialogue and acting were some of the most important parts of the show.

It's really crazy that you liked The Wire so much when it was also incredibly slow, especially in the 1st 2 seasons, I think the Wire is GOAT but it was very slow.

It's very telling that you think GOAT was great and that you still had great moments watching at 1.5 speeds and skipping 10 seconds how can you know the moment was great when you don't know what led up to it?

Very weird take all around.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That was what the show was supposed to be hence the title of Breaking Bad, it seems you were looking for a different show and are now b****ing because it was not the show you wanted it to be.

So what he never became a dominant drug lord that had nothing to do with the show and that's not even true he changed the game with the blue meth and it was the dominant product on the market.

It's like watching 2 and a half men and b****ing because nobody died?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude Walter White was never supposed to be a successful

crime lord that was the point of the show.

That was the entire point of the show WW was always a mediocre criminal who thought he was smarter than everybody else hence the title.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What? In the final season he was running the entire southwest with exports all over Europe.

he stopped after a couple of months and accumulating 80-100million dollars taking up so much space that the bugs were eating it, and skylar begged him to stop. Not that those specifics are the essence of the show but are you sure you actually saw it??

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had forgotten how extensive the area he was in control of.

The guy watched the show at 1.5 speed so he definitely missed a lot.:D

RKREBORN and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

The Wire is brilliant, it may be slow on the action but something is always happening. It's not necessarily about guns and shootouts, it's about not being like the Kardashians. By the same token We Own This City that just released on HBO Max is a brilliant show as well, waaaaayyy better than the highly overrated BB.

Not hard to catch the great moments on BB, quite a few of them. Just watch faster through the slower ones, you don't have to watch at Grandpa speed to get the show, it's fairly simple at heart. I would not have been able to finish it otherwise.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

2 and a half men? Another garbage show lol. Just because Walter produced quality meth doesn't make him a crime lord, it just means he is a good scientists willing to lower his moral code for narcissistic reasons. Dominant product does not mean he was a good crime lord.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

No, Gus ran that. He just temporarily stole his scheme from him after he brilliantly managed to kill him (one of the highlights of the show). But the imbecile couldn't stop the Aryan Brotherhood gang from taking over the business and killing Hank. Speaking of Hank, what a dumbass, it took almost 5 seasons to figure out Walter was the meth producer? He might be a dumber character than Walter.

The highlights of the show were always of Walter overcoming the bad guys when his back was against the wall, whether it was Tuco, the Twins, Gus, or the Aryans. I could do without about 80% of the show which looked like a bad Kardashians family drama, a manipulative relationship with Pinkman and the mediocre running of his business.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Watched about 90% of the show, with about half of it at 1.25 to 1.5 speed. I also skipped 10% at about 30 secs of long clips with no talking with vehicles driving or the like. It doesn't take a genius to watch it faster, as a matter of fact I recommend it.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Something is always happening in BB you just chose to fast forward through them, I have no idea why you keep bringing up the Kardashians as if the show is anything like the Kardashians.

What the hell is Granpa speed?

Watching it without FF is Granpa speed?

Is this a thing now?

It's very obvious the show was not for you it was tailored to a more sophisticated viewer but please stop crapping on it just because you don't like nuance and character development. I mean you did not even realize how big of a kingpin WW was, probably because he was not out popping bottles and making it rain.

Dude WW had the entire southwest on lock as well as inroads to Europe, he changed the entire game with blue meth.

He never wanted to be a "crime lord" anyway and the show was not about being a crime lord it's like you b****ing about Barksdale only running 1 part of Baltimore.

WW was a much bigger "crime lord" than anybody on The Wire but you up in here b****ing.

I think you are just trolling now and trying to get off a hot take about BB.

Carry on.