1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just finished Breaking Bad for the first time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Mar 30, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Cultural phenom does not make it a GOAT show, Modern family is a cultural phenom, Grey Anatomy was a cultural phenom, Two and a Half Men was a cultural phenom I can go on and on.

I am not telling what to like but GOT has never been as great as BB and it's not even a debate.

arkoe likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It might have been perfection for you but even before they past the books it was not thought of as a Goat show and please don't bring up Walking Dead.

I know we got some GOT super fans but it never had the critical cache of BB.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. yes it was.

i brought up walking dead in the context of shows that f***ed it up once they got beyond source material.

it would have if they didnt f*** up the last couple seasons. that was part of the point of my post.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you say so.

Can I ask what proof you are using?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

when the hell is the GOT series going to be finished? did the guy martin just give up or something?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i just finished the 1st episode yesterday. does it get better? not in the mood for an intense/depressing series. watched a few episodes of brooklyn 99 and physically felt my iq drop a few points.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The first time I saw the ending scene of the episode Half Measures is when I realized I was watching what would probably be my favorite show ever.

Still to this day gives me goosebumps when I rewatch it.

[​IMG]

LosPollosHermanos and jiggyfly like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is the most relentlessly intense series ever in my opinion and it gets even more intense as it ends, you really have no idea where it is going.

I love Brooklyn 99 and I am not a fan of the SNL guy but they work as a team.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks for the heads up. ill hold off on breaking bad, i need some light stuff.

i liked brooklyn 99 cus of the hot bebe santiago. does the show get any better? seems like it's made for 12 year olds.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

See I am a Amy head I love Melissa Fumero.

It might not be your type of Humour but I love Holt and the interactions of the squad I would try it again but it might just not be for for you, it is very absurd and makes no sense.

#50 jiggyfly, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

youre actually asking me for "proof" that many people regarded GOT as the greatest show ever? ok.

prior to them screwing up the show there was tons of talk out there about how GOT was in GOAT territory. even after the show was over many people still think it is. you can disagree and thats your opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that plenty of others thought it was and it was something that was widely discussed.

its pretty dumb that i have to provide "proof" of others opinions but here you go dude...

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...nes-greatest-tv-show-ever-20190411-story.html

https://www.quora.com/Is-Game-of-Thrones-the-greatest-TV-show-of-all-time

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/game-thrones-greatest-show-time-588806

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-best-tv-show-21st-century-vote/

clos4life and Yung-T like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok the stuff I read never included it in those types of list but I stand corrected.

I don't think it was ever that good but to each his own.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i was the few lucky ones to have watched only till end of season 6. so got is one of the goats.

14. body slam

body slam Member

Breaking Bad was a good show but a little overrated.

clos4life likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That’s like saying food is overrated

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never snapped to that.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After watching Breaking Bad the other two pale in comparison to the adrenaline rush and shock value of Breaking Bad. I was hooked on Breaking Bad from the first episode. Dull moments were few and far between.

jiggyfly and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Congrats. What took you so long to watch it?

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Glad you enjoyed it. I also binged it during the pandemic for the first time.

The writers made it super difficult to root for anyone in that series. As it went on and became more dark, you couldn't even root for Walter as an antihero anymore. Thus, Salamanca ended up being my fav.

Anyhow I did end up watching BCS immediately afterwards. Wasn't the least bit burned out because it's mostly a different story with a slew of new characters. It can be fun, but also dark at times. Every single character is a trainwreck and again, it's hard siding with any of them.

I think you'll dig it. :)

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Truthfully I only started to watch it because I recently got Netflix. Before that I had no convenient way to watch it so it just fell off of my radar. Never even thought about it much.
    I was rooting for Walt at the end. Yeah he's a bad guy but he mostly killed other bad guys (Tuco, Mike, Gus, Jane sorta, the prison guys). He poisoned a little kid but he knew it wasn't going to kill him. He tried to save Hank even after everything. The worst thing he did was manipulate other people, especially Jesse.

CCity Zero and OmegaSupreme like this.