1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just bought a gun(9mm)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ILoveTheRockets, Jul 29, 2012.

1. droxford

droxford Member

Here's the Sig Sauer that I inherited from my dad:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sp2022.aspx

It shoots smooth as silk.

I'm willing to bet that none of the anti-gun people here have been at home while having their door kicked in.

That happened to me last month. I'm very, very glad I had my pistol. Note: No, I'm not a gun nut.

1 person likes this.
  2. ILoveTheRockets

Yeah, it was surprisingly a decent gun. Lots of avid gun owners rate it from 5-6 on a scale of 1 through 10.

This gun isn't my primary, but I think I might keep it in my car instead of my Glock 9. Wanted a cheaper gun I can go practice with and be able to run a lot of ammo through without sending me to the bank for a loan. Not a bad pick-up.

3. ILoveTheRockets

Thanks. I tried to get them lower but he just wouldn't do it. I was thinking pretty much the same, but just for my car. I carry my glock every where, and go to a lot of bad areas for work. Been nervous about my car being stolen with my gun in it here lately. I'll take it to shoot more rounds through it this coming weekend before switching out guns.

4. ILoveTheRockets

Damn spoke to soon. Slow day, decided screw it, take the gun and go shoot.

So, now I can't even get it to dry fire. About to check to see if anything is binding, or if residue from yesterday is obstructing any thing. damn damn damn

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

eeeek...be careful man. I'm late to the party, so there's nothing to say that wasn't already said.

You said you own a Glock, you should have just saved a little and bought another one of those.

Anyway, again, be careful. Like you said, you don't need a slide impaling your face, hahah

6. ILoveTheRockets

Besides the power this gun produces(almost like shooting a .45) this gun is decent. For a beginner gun, I wouldn't go against for the price brand new. I should of just got a brand new version for Nevada, but after cleaning and polishing it runs good.

Now if i can just figure out why this bad boy won't dry fire, I'll be good to go. Mag isn't acting right when I slide it in. Comes back out just a tad, wonder if I should just bend the lips a tad and see if it secures the magazine better. Need new magazines for it any way, so I guess it couldn't hurt for a dry fire.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You'll put your eye out!
    [​IMG]

8. ILoveTheRockets

Simple fix. Just took a small screw driver and cleaned between sear and got all the gunk out(didn't think about it yesterday). Dry Fires, and acts functional. Before I go shoot this bad boy, going to run by a gun smith real quick and let him do his magic and make sure nothing else is a cause for concern.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I went to an indoor gun range once to shoot a .22 pistol. Somehow, we ended up in the ear muff room and they let loose with the fire while we didn't even have our ear muffs picked out. I almost went deaf right then and there. It was so painful. One guy's firing a damn machine gun, another guy a shot gun, another guy a 9mm, another guy a .357, etc. . Never heard so much loudness in my life. I was so pissed that we ended up in some go-between room between the gun store portion and the gun range. And, they would give a green light like that when we weren't even prepared. That was the last time I went to a gun range. Should have sued that place for giving me tinnitis for a few weeks. b****es...yo...we're in here without ear muffs on!!! Dumb gun store guy is like..."yea...go right back there and pick out your muffs". Then, WHAM BAM NO THANK YOU MA'AM!!!!!

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

Good for the OP, let's hope he never has to use it

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It is tough to find a good quality handgun for less than $500

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If that was in Houston I know exactly where you are talking about. It is the old movie theater place right?

That is the lowest crap range ever. Rifles and full autos going off indoors is insane. I shot an M44 in there and cleared everyone out lol

13. ILoveTheRockets

Where are some quality shooting ranges. Live on the northeast side.

Going out to Montgomery County to shoot gets a little old.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The Arms Room in League City is an indoor, fully auto rifle range. It's great, since I live in Pearland. Cool staff, great facility built in an old Circuit City I want to say.

15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I usually go to bulkammo.com and buy 1000 rd cases. even with shipping you can save a few bucks, They seem to have specials going all the time.

I go through quite a bit of it. I am an old Texan and just as soon shoot You than fight you.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. My own preference would be something like a Colt .357 Trooper MK5 with the vented 4" barrel, if you can find one at a decent price. It'll take the cheaper .38 loads, as well. A very reliable and accurate double action revolver. The problem would be that Colt, to my knowledge, no longer makes them, and hasn't since the '80's. Still, you can probably find one for around $500. Well worth the money.

17. dragician

dragician Member

More likely your gun will kill you via tetanus.

18. ILoveTheRockets

figured that out on the first shot hahaha.

If you don't hold it as high as you can on the grip, you are good. The first shot got me good though.

19. droxford

droxford Member

I've been going to Top Gun. They have been quite competent.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So how do we go about purchasing a gun? I say, Hey, I want to purchase that gun right there. They run me, and in five days, I come get it? And that's it?