1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

just a trade idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

just wondering if the rocks can do this trade with chicago

Rockets swap 6.9 te for eddie robinson

Ya i hear the boos and people want to ban me for even thinking of this trade but thats not all. here is the clincher. After this trade
    we then:

swap mo taylor for jerome williams and kirk hinrich.

why would chicago do this? They want to unload the horrendous contract of Robinson for quite sometime now. Even williams has a bad contract. Yes they do get a bad contract in taylor but its like 2 for 1. They unload two bad contracts for one bad contract and 6.9 te. They would definitely cut cost buy paying half of what they are suppose to pay to this two players and letting the 6.9 expire unless they use it down the road. The price they have to pay: HINRICH. They have 3 excellent point guards any way (Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon) so it wouldnt be a prblem with them.

Why would houston do this? Simple HINRICH. Isnt JVG love this guy and even said it to the media? Hinrich, T-MAC and YAO we are set for the next 10 years baby. We do get to unload Taylors contract too but we get 2 bad ones. But Jerome williams is a JVG type of player: hustles defense and rebound so i think its ok. He and howard can handle the pf spot. Im not just sure of Robinson. Bad contract and not JVG type of player. Just a high flying talent thats all. Cant shoot cant pass cant defend just a dunker. Maybe we can trade him some other time if he doesnt work with us. But hey you gotta give something to get something.

With this we solve the point guard problem and now can focus on the back up center. We still have the middle class exemption. Use some of it on MIHM

C- YAO/MIHM
    PF-howard/williams/Weatherspoon
    SF- jackson/boki
    SG-t-mac/robinson/gaines
    PG- Hinrich/Lue

Definitely at least a 5th seed

2. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I'd do it if Chi would!

3. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

1. E-Rob only has 1-2 years left on his contract, its better to let that come off the books then to recieve another 4 year contract w/ MoT.

2. Bulls will not trade Hinrich, especially for some garbage. They really think they have something going on w/ Hinrich, Gordon, and Curry.

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

exactly, i don't get why people continue to put Hinrich in trades that involve the rockets.

6. Willis25

http://www.edtsui.com/mp3/cc.mp3

7. stevel

Actually, E-rob has 1 yr left and Jerome Willimas has 3 yrs left. MoT has 2 yrs left on his, not 4. This is all according to Realgm.com. I also don't know if I'd call MoT garbage or his contract bad given the current market for big men in the league. While MoT may be lacking in some important qualities for a power forward, he can flat out score on ANYONE. I guess it depends on what a team covets. Maybe CHI would value the cap flexiblity as well as the added inside scoring. I don't know what they need. If CHI were at all interested I (personally) would throw in a future 1st to make the deal happen if it would make a difference.

If I were the Bulls I would not be completely sold on Chandler at the 4, as this guy is as fragile as they come. MoT might make a good front court partner with Curry and Chanlder. I think Chandler is athletic enough to give you some minutes at the 3. Gordon is also pretty short to play the 2 consistently. CHI might do better trading Hinrich, and keeping Crawford to pair with Gordon. I think this would make a better overall backcourt to Hinrich/Gordon, despite the fact that I view Hinrich as a better PG. To me, building a good team is all about finding players that complement each other games.

8. stevel

Also, if I were to tell you that Miami could acquire Shaq for Butler, Odom, and Grant, I am sure you would have said I was smoking crack. The NBA is a crazy league, and clearly the Bulls, over the last several years, have shown they do not have the most astute management in place.

9. Willis25

well.. Shaq demanded to be traded (as did T-mac) so the Heat and Rox took advantage of it.

and in both cases - they had to give up SOMETHING of value to get those players... and Mo T is not SOMETHING of value

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

While I don't think the Bulls would part with Hinrich, I don't think we need to pounce on every trade suggestion with Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggester.

I remember Deuce suggested Tracy McGrady for Francis less than 2 months before we got him, and <a href="http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=1334581">Juugie responded</a> with:

Whew, thanks for setting Deuce straight there Juugie.

With that said, I doubt seriously the Bulls would part with Hinrich. If they did want to deal him, I don't think we would have the goods to do it. They would probably like to unload Antonio Davis, Eddie Robinson and Jerome Williams but I'm not sure they would view Mo as too much of an upgrade. I may be wrong.

I still don't know why the Bulls drafted Gordon. Are they going to run a Hinrich-Gordon backcourt? Seems small.

11. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

I don't know how you can even say that about MoTaylor. If he started and was the focus of the offense... he would be one of the top scoring pf in the league. The man can score on anyone. His defense needs work and he is a weak rebounder at times... but he can score. The NBA always needs guys who can score.

12. gucci888

IF he started and IF he was the focus, but no team would do this.

While MoT is an exemptional scorer, he doesn't play a lick of D and cannot rebound. To be a PF in this league, you must atleast be able to rebound, thats their job.

I personally like MoT and look forward to seeing him play next season, but for those who think we can get a good deal for him, just think about what other teams see:

1. MoT has a big contract.
    2. MoT doesn't play defense and is not a good rebounder.
    3. MoT had a major injury and could be considered injury prone.
    4. MoT was suspended for violating the NBA drug policy.
    *-MoT doesn't play defense and is not a good rebounder.

13. stevel

I agree 100% with you on this Clutch. I also don't think that CHI would trade Hinrich, BUT I also found it peculiar that they drafted Gordon. Tyson Chandler is a nice player with upside, but how long do you wait on a guy. While MoT may not be a coveted player throughout the NBA, ne may fir CHI's needs for an inside scorer. Also, given the current absurd $$$ get thrown at every bigman that has a pulse, MoT's contract isn't that bad. Foyle got over 40 mil and I believe he averages 3pts per game. I guess it depends on what you need to improve your team. i think Mo could help, and as far as getting Hinrich, I guess it depends on how much CHI covets cap space.

14. stevel

First off, Mo is not the only dude in the NBA that has smoked pot, BELIEVE THAT! Second Foyle just got over 40 mil from GS and this guy couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Again, it depends on what a team needs. Some covet more D, some need the O, and I think CHI needs to improve its scoring, especially inside.

15. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

wow how many of u can post a topic in which clutch replied. Im so priveledge.

I agree mo taylor is not garbage. His contract although big is not hideous. Compared to wat Foyle and other players r getting it is somewhat tolerable. Hell have u seen wat camby got? insane. just because his team made the playoffs and he was considerd an important piece of it doesnt justify wat he got. Mcdyse? Bad knees and all. Yikes. Okur? please. Every free agents are getting Moneys are thrown everywhere.

Bulls might consider it if we throw some picks.

How bout a simpler one:

6.9te for robinson and hinrich?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I dont think there is any question that the Bulls would LOVE to dump their bad contracts which consist of Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams and Eddie Robinson. While overpaid, I actually feel like Davis and Williams still have something left. Robinson just doesnt work hard enough which is why he is a waste. I personally feel that Williams would be a dynamite addition to the Rockets, particularly as the backup PF. We need that kind of 'energy' guy coming off the bench. Davis wouldnt be too bad of a backup C and only has 2 years left on his deal I believe.

BUT, I also feel that the Bulls love Hinrich. I am not so sure they would pawn off Hinrich in an effort to divest themselves of bad contracts.

I do find it paculiar the drafting of Ben Gordon though. Seems like their attempt to redo the Jay Williams draft -- a PG that can score. A Gordon/Hinrich backcourt seems small to me and it appears Crawford is on his way out.

I really am not sure what the Bulls are doing.

Clutch, man you have a damn good memory! ;)

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

I think that the Bulls have learned from past experiences that having cap space means squat. They are not that desperate to get rid of contracts.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I tend to agree on your point.

These contract are ridiculous and the people hired to manage cap space must be PHDs.

19. gucci888

I didn't say he was the only one to ever smoke dope, but it doesn't help his case BELIEVE THAT! :)

I agree its all about what a team needs, but I don't see a lot of teams wanting a PF that doesn't play D or rebound, period.

Yes, Foyle did a get a ridiculous contract even though he can't score. But that just strengthens my point that defense and rebounding is usually more important for PFs in this league.

20. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

We are not getting Kirk. However, Crawford would be a possibility. New York is looking at Dampier as their main priority. They can get rid of their bad contracts and ship Crawford our to the West. Remember, Chicago would only have to play against Crawford twice a year.:)