1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jussie Smollett attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And people on this forum and thread doubted me when I talked about the Big tech far left censorship. lol

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

You mean the 1st amendment? You don’t say.

King1 and dachuda86 like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What?? Have you read the thread at all? How is editing Hitler "far left censorship"? LOL. Is Hitler a right wing hero now?

And did you not see that Facebook censored solar energy posts. LOL. How is that a far left political move? I mean, stick to the conservative oh-noes-liberals-are-mean-and-good-at-computers, by all means, but you must have a bunch of us on ignore or something.

Nook likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if he faked it why is the right using it to prove there is no hate in this world?

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

comment was not directed at you mate...

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Emotional, Trump-hating liberals were so gullible to fall for this obviously faked story. No surprise, really, since they have fallen for a similarly absurd plot with no evidence in the 2-year old Russian collusion fantasy.

GOOD DAY

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Indeed. There is plenty of hate against the right.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Who on the right is doing that?

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It obviously does not make sense to "just believe" these sorts of racially incendiary assertions either.

The upshot is that due process does appear to be outing this guy as the incendiary racist liar that he is.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not sure if this is targeted at me in a passive way since a few posts before this I said "if this did happen..." but if so, the reason I provide a qualification is that I don't closely follow pop/political headlines as they unfold (if at all). So at any given time in the development of a current hot topic I am likely to be at an information deficit relative to those who are deeply vested in such things.

I've learned to put qualifiers in an attempt to not offend the easily offended. Unfortunately it now may be the case that putting those qualifiers can offend people as well. What a time to be alive.

mick fry likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's why I pass judgement w/o gaf

I yam what I yams

#153 Invisible Fan, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How strange is it that he is dating Milo?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Seems to me that you are using one example of an idiot crying wolf to dismiss all attacks on Trump and MAGA and thus come out as "See, there is no such thing as racism and Trump is good and a perfect angel and all the problems come from the left"

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Is that a joke?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Astrodome likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When companies ban 'speech' it has nothing to do with the first amendment. You want to blame something there, blame capitalism.

19. jcf

jcf Member

I think it is a little more complicated when you start talking about one of a limited number of ways in which a lot of people communicate with each other. Allowing admittedly private companies to censor certain political views when they are primary modes of actually communicating seems to approach invading the first amendment.

mick fry likes this.
  20. jcf

jcf Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/16/sup...cide-fb-twitter-power-to-regulate-speech.html

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case that could determine whether users can challenge social media companies on free speech grounds.

The case, Manhattan Community Access Corp. v. Halleck, No. 17-702, centers on whether a private operator of a public access television network is considered a state actor, which can be sued for First Amendment violations.

The case could have broader implications for social media and other media outlets. In particular, a broad ruling from the high court could open the country's largest technology companies up to First Amendment lawsuits.

That could shape the ability of companies like Facebook, Twitterand Alphabet's Google to control the content on their platforms as lawmakers clamor for more regulation and activists on the left and right spar over issues related to censorship and harassment.

(more at link)

mick fry likes this.