1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody who knew anything about playoff basketball knew this trade was obviously horrendous. Hilarious poll results.

Downtown Sniper, ArtV, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Again in my earlier post I pointed out that the trade might go down as one of the worst based on what cp3 has done after he was traded but we can't ignore the fact that he was not a clutch performer in the playoffs (based on him not being able to lead his team past the 2nd round ) and that he was able to advance due large part to being with harden.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Had it been Harden that went down for Game 6 and 7 I I guarantee you a CP3-led Rockets wouldn’t have s*** the bed twice in a row with the 27 missed threes as a cherry on top

DaneB likes this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I question how much effect the plant based diet had on the CP3 resurgence versus him having a chip on his shoulder and improving his training.

Madmanmetz and eliefor3 like this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Based on what historical context can you make the bold statement? Is it based all the times until then that cp3 showed up big in closing games ?

[QUOTE="BigggReddd, post: 14072817, member:
    Based on what historical context can you make the bold statement? Is it based all the times until then that cp3 showed up big in closing games ?

Harden had 32 points and 9 assists in game 6 and the rockets lost by 29. Are you suggesting take hardens 32 points and 9 assists out, insert cp3 and you make up a 29 point deficit?
    In game 7 harden had 32 pts and 6 assists. Yes he shot 2 for 13 from 3s but outside of PJ, the rest of non harden team shot 3 of 26. Would cp3 have been able to somehow mysteriously gotten to make their 3s? Don't forget all the missed calls on harden that would have easily given him atleast 36 points (the 3 pointer he made and got fouled on that they waived as a non shooting foul is the only one I am counting )

Cp3 along with harden would have won them atleast 1 game. Cp3 minus harden, there is no way you can without a doubt say would have

HP3 likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's a long thread, and I don't remember what my response might have been, if any.

I hope I was on the right side of history!

7. TheBeastSystem

Every basketball purist is enjoying watching Paul and Doncic play basketball chess every possession in this series.

Thread of F.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

i miss wesbruke's tenacity and competitiveness. wall+kjp+1st for turtle?

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I am still good with the Westbrook trade.

Mainly because I didn't believe in Harden and I don't think CP3 would have been the same player if he had stayed.

Even if he did, this was still going to be James team and I don't believe a James Harden led team was ever going to win a ring.

So my stance at the time was to give Harden what he wanted by trading for Westbrook, and if it didn't work as a last ditch all in effort them blow it all up.

It was rocky getting there but that's eventually what they did.

I feel like prolonging the Harden era would have been a mistake and trading for Westbrook was a good way to make one last swing for the fences before moving on.

The funny thing is that the common sentiment used to be that Harden's game would age very well because he "doesn't have elite tier athleticism and doesn't rely on high end vertical or speed and he already plays an old man game"...

Thanks for the good times but the Westbrook trade helped the Rockets get out at the right time.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

....no

There is absolutely no positive spin to that trade.

It was a disaster and the team will real from it for many more seasons.

Downtown Sniper and YOLO like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Interesting.

CP3-led Suns - which was a better team than a Harden-less Rockets.

Actually sh*t the bed FOUR times in a row.

So, nice try.

But awfully embarrassing take.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It was a great trade as it led to Harden leaving.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah clearly leading to being the worst team since. Great trade. What a bunch of nonsense

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

great trade. got rid of the worst contract in history of contracts. tillmen saves monies and used the savings to buy property in las vegas to save even moar monies in the future.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I enjoyed watching the rookies this season and will again this upcoming one as they improve. Sorry mr positive/yolo

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s nice you enjoyed losing. That’s not the name of the game though

peleincubus likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah mr positive/yolo. i bet there is someone out there that enjoyed watching hakeem's rookie season as well. be a negative b*tch no sweat off anyone's back here im sure.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hakeem and this sorry rockets worst team in the league for 2 years straight. what a correlation there. Yay for losing

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Again no.

This past year was not a result of trade rather a miracle we somehow overcame it. We were a flip of a coin away from no Jalen Green and no one in his place because of that r****ded trade.

If we by chance stumble in the next years there is a very real possibility of forfeiting multiple very high picks to OKC.

The trade was an absolute disaster at the time and still is today.

YOLO likes this.