1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Where is the option for Heck no? A simple no doesnt do it justice.

My grade for this trade is F-

Y2JT likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least Morey goes out with a Bang, because it might not end well.

I like the person Russell.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

It will be entertaining, good or bad, isn't that what it's all about?

Gray_Jay, BigM, dockerland and 2 others like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Fcked up, insane. I dont even have enough words.
    We are screwed through and through.

5. AkeemTheDreem86

Winning would be fun, too!

dischead and daywalker02 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All your Thunder (Melo & WB & Harden) are belong to Us.

We went after PG13. And Durant.

7. dischead

dischead Member

Can't see how it's going to work. Hope I'm wrong.

8. Buck Turgidson

You think that matters in today's rigged joke of an NBA?

I love your youthful enthusiasm.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  9. Fefo

Fefo Member

lets see how that translates into this year.
    Will the rockets allow russ to stat pad his assist and rebounds? Coz even with that crazy high number of assists, the assist to to ratio is still terrible.
    Personally, i hope we see a 25 ppg /6rpg/6 apg russ thats its not looking for the meaningless rebounds and is willing to run the break, wich i think is one of the best things he does, attack in transition. Also less assist hoping he also shares the ball with James.
    If he plays in between the system, i think he is a major upgreade, even without the shooting, but thats a big if.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  10. biina

biina Member

Just when I thought things couldnt get any worse, then boom!

#190 biina, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  11. jojolover

jojolover Member

We were screwed when Paul pulled his hamstring.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If the Morey ship is to be sunk, then might as well go out guns ablazing.

If we face another 1st or 2nd round that might certainly warrant a firing in the eyes of owner who wants to be shaker and mover.

I like this team's chance against the California teams, more than I did for most 2019.

Beat the Lakers, Warriors, and/or Clippers en route to a mauling of whoever comes out of the East in one piece. 19- 2020 NBA Champions, Rockets.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He doesn't need to be Super Westbrook, he's just needs to hit tough shots, get defenses off Harden and our other scorers and shooters. With a little defense against these other super PG (s), like Curry and Lilliard.

An 18 - 24 ppg/ 5-6 ast on 45% FG% and 36 3 fg%. That's all we need from you, Russ.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But what if he really wants to be Super Westbrook? That's the crux.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  15. Rochut

Rochut Member

For a team that values analytics, I think Westbroik would be the type of player they would avoid due to the inefficient way he gets his gawdy numbers.

No Worries and plutoblue11 like this.
  16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I completely agree, but what if Russ buys in and is able to mesh his game with Harden and the Rockets, overall gameplan. There's not a better player, we could've gotten, outside of Jimmy, maybe ... a long maybe on Beal from DC. Porter for CP3 and draft picks from Chicago was possible, but not enough on our end.

Hakeemtheking and Rochut like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m eager to read clutch’s take on this. It’s pretty evident over the years that he’s not a Westbrook fan and doesn’t think he’s as good as the stats show. And I will be the first person to say that I’m not sure he’s a better fit for what the team does than Chris Paul. But I do think he’s a better player and more worthy of the cap space.

Gray_Jay and plutoblue11 like this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

I voted yes but I wish there was a "maybe" choice. I like that we got rid of CP3's contract because he would never provide enough return on that kind of money at his age. I like that we did not trade away any of the supporting players. I like the insane potential a Harden / Westbroock duo brings. All that being said, I still am not a Westbrook fan. He has earned the nickname "Westbrick". While the duo has insane potential it also could blow up quickly if Westbrook spends more time trying to stat pad and jacking up stupid shots than doing what it takes to win. So I say maybe even though I voted yes.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  19. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

He hates it. Go check out the official CF twitter :D

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Usually I'd say no to a Westbrook deal, but in this case we traded a declining 34yr old who feuded with Harden for a 30yr old who's been brehs with Harden since their OKC days.

So on that front we upgraded the team and extended the championship window of this team, but it's still a big gamble, as it's difficult to see how Russ exactly fits into this team.

Him and Harden are extremely ball dominant guys with a big ego and a huge ISO tendency, I just can't see it working out that well on the court. Also add in Westbrook's much worse shooting and you see the spacing suffering and Harden's drives becoming less potent.

But who knows, these guys played together in OKC and over the summers, maybe they've developed a special chemistry where they know each others tendencies really well and always find each other for quick 1-2 passes and backdoor drives naturally. ;)

All in all I'd give the trade a slight thumbs up, but you still have to wonder whether Morey could've acquired a better fitting piece for our team.