1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Julio Jones likely out rest of season

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sydeffect, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Breaking: Falcons fear Julio Jones likely OUT for the rest of the year w a foot injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/387625602401832960">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Things get worse and worse for Atlanta

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tony Gonzalez is probably pissed he had to come for this..

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

dude has had worse career luck than Andre...

4. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Awh man. Obligatory "There goes my fantasy season" post.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Gah! Steelers should learn how to tank like this.

Atlanta getting it done.

6. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Well, I got to enjoy 1st place in my fantasy league for about 10 hours at least...

Maybe I'll get lucky and Amendola will stay healthy from here :(

7. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Harry Douglas could be a decent option now.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Tony is gonna be pissed on Facebook tomorrow.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In fantasy? He wasn't great with White out. He's not very good. I like him as a 3rd WR on the field, but he's just not talented enough to produce.

10. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I agree but who is Matt Ryan going to throw the ball to now with White hobbled and Jones out....Douglas is a must own in all leagues if Jones is done.

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Harry Douglas is the guy, but he just doesn't pass the eyeball test for me. Even with him as the #1 option I don't see him being more than a borderline WR2. That offense is screwed now until Roddy comes back. Matt Ryan is going to be pretty much locked into Tony G all day.

I own Julio in both my leagues. Not happy today at all.

Thankfully in the league I care most about, I drafted well for depth so I still have Pierre Garcon, Randall Cobb and Josh Gordon to fill in.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Word from a Falcons source is that WR Julio Jones broke the screw that was put in his foot in 2011 surgery.</p>&mdash; Jason Cole (@JasonPhilCole) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/statuses/387722521707286529">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

This would be good for Roddy, sadly he's injured too. My fantasy team...

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Wow, from an offensive juggernaut to wah wah.

The NFL stands for "Not For Long." :(

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>THIS JUST IN: Falcons WR Julio Jones will have surgery on fractured foot. He will miss the rest of the season. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport">@mortreport</a>)</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/388055647238881280">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Epic opportunity to throw in the towel for the year, reload with high picks and come out 2014 guns blazing. There was never much room for hiccups in the NFC, even for the wild card chase. Just unfortunate for Tony and Jackson, unless Gonzalez gets traded.

17. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Falcons are saying no way, but I could see them trading Tony to the Chiefs before the deadline, especially if Tony says anything about a trade and if the Falcons lose the next couple games.

18. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

I know he sucks, but he's now the #1 WR (until White is healthy) on a team with Matt Ryan as your QB and defenses will now double and triple team Gonzalez. I had Julio and picked up Douglas just hoping he gives me half of what Julio did. I still have Decker and Antonio Brown, so Douglas becomes my flex rotating with Chris Givens.

19. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

That would be a cool return. Tony is a stand up guy and I know Chiefs fans apperciate his play there. Hope it happens.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

NFL is hazardous to your health!