1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Juicy details around Harden Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Mar 3, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he was he would've been pretraded and then the offer was submitted to the Rox. We know Allen was worth a FRP and 24/2M in cap relief for example cuz thats what Nets got for him.

Can you give evidence that Simmons' trade value is extremely high? You keep talking about the value of flipping him but you have no evidence what kind of value he will get. Rox can also say Wood is worth 10 unprotected picks just cuz he isnt flipped yet.

PJ Tucker is having a hard time getting an extension despite being one of the best defenders in the league and a 3 pt sniper but Simmons' value making the super max+trade kicker supposed to be worth a fortune. Simmons aint a scrub and I suppose teams with absolute 0 stars would love him over nothing but I dunno what they will give up to get him. Contenders dont have super max salary capspace and he aint exactly Giannis that will have lotto teams clear asset stash to acquire him. For example I can see GSW giving the Minny pick for Simmons but the Rox would also have to take back Wiggins awful contract just to make salary match. Crap like that is prob why Morey couldnt find a clean pretrade for the Rockets. He is seen as a star but def not a superstar and I bet a lot of teams think he is way overpaid.

His performance these next few weeks gonna prove what his value really is if Sixers struggle you know he wont be worth a lot.

#101 roslolian, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah thats what i said lets see what oladipo nets and if simmoms single handedly lead the sixers with his playmaking, penetration, and defense

D-rock likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Simmons is a 3x all-star and an all nba 1st team defender.... Whose 24 years old.

There's no doubt he'd have a lot of value.... Can you think of any player with that resume who didn't have strong value? He definitely could also increase his value as a main guy... In a potential future trade if he was acquired... IDK why you'd compare him with Wood who doesn't have anywhere near that value to this point.

Tucker bruh? Tucker is a good defender, but he's past his prime and isn't on Simmons level defensively.... He's a good corner 3pt shooter, but he's absolutely not a 3pt sniper LOL... he's also 35 years old.

A team lacking a star or superstar could look at Simmons as a player who could be built around if you spread the floor and give him shooters.... Many in the media and around the league don't believe him and Embiid are the best fit offensively already.... And they're not as their games don't compliment each other well.

Wulaw Horn and D-rock like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dipo is like 30% of the Nets value

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

let's see if that stays the same, appreciates, or depreciates when all is done

and let's see if simmons can up his stock or not

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Porter
    Simmons
    Thybulle
    Tate
    Wood

This team would be lockdown on defense. Bundle FRP + Dipo for MPJ and this team would be downright nasty.

6'5 Porter/6'4 Wall
    6'10 Simmons/6'3 EGo
    6'5 Thybulle/6'5 Nwaba
    6'10 MPJ/6'4 Tate
    6'10 Wood/6'6 KJ

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pick a side man.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Simmons best defender in the league bar none and Thybulle the defensive porche. Sounds good but then why is Sixers 2/5 without Embiid?

Oh yeah Thybulle's scoring 4 pts with 29% 3 pt shooting in 19 mpg. Tucker 0Fer 2.0. Stop hyping up the Sixers scrubs smh they suck period.

Nwaba>Thybulle
    House>Maxey

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

There's levels to this as you know... just because Simmons isn't the best defender in the league doesn't mean he sucks.

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brown would have been way better than Oladipo.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

csc177 likes this.
  14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

@4:55 :D Literally exactly as I presumed.

15. DonatelloLimestone

I’m with you, I’m rooting for Nwaba and House, but not a single soul in the nba would choose journeyman Nwaba or House over Maxes and Thybulle. Nwaba and house are both good finds and good value, the other two are going to be far better nba players.

I think the argument of who is the ‘best’ defender in the nba is for the Steven a’s to scream about and us to digest and debate like some people watch soap operas. It’s good entertainment bc there is no definitive proof, even stats tell a story but have the context of their useage, schemes, systems, and leash from a coach where different players can be useless in some systems like rondo in dallas and extremely valuable elsewhere. Basketball is about cohesiveness, even guys like MJ gambled a lot and they had a scheme that allowed them for it, likewise with Allen Iverson and brown basically allowing for the rest of the guys to hold it down for him.

So a better way to put it is Simmons is an absolute elite defender in this league, poses a problem because he can almost guard 1-5. As fast as a guard, and underrated that he is physical, always aggressive. I’m ok with us not getting him even though he was the best ‘player’ available to us and a young star, because of where are team is and our role players he might’ve helped us to an 8th seed and we could be mediocre which is not the game plan unless you are Indiana.

16. DonatelloLimestone

“In the wake of Golden State Warriors star guard Stephen Curry setting a franchise record for points -- and passing Wilt Chamberlain in the process -- forward Draymond Green treated his longtime teammate to dinner Tuesday night in Oklahoma City to celebrate the two-time league MVP's latest achievement.

Making the meal even more special was the fact it included a bottle of 2015 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti La Tâche -- a French wine that can start at around $5,000 a bottle -- on Warriors owner Joe Lacob's tab.

Green, who offered to pay for the bottle himself, said he texted Lacob to make sure that was OK and Lacob was "all for it."

"Joe is incredible by the way," said Green, who posted photos from his dinner with Curry on social media. "That was a very expensive bottle of wine, but Joe let us get that one on the team bill, so we appreciate Joe for that. Not every day that somebody's approving a bottle of La Tâche. So shoutout to Joe, man. We definitely appreciated that, but it was obviously for a great reason. I think I saw something where Reggie Miller said [Curry is] 'Mr. Warrior.' [There] is no better description than that."

They spent a crazy amount of luxury tax on Kelly Oubre, not worth it, tillman tweeted about it, but that was. Their basically building a culture, brand, respecting they have this window of generational talent even if the titles chances are low. Not good business if you are a restaurant, but thats why this is a billionaire game and development, not for people worried about paying off payments monthly otherwise you will be a cycle of mediocre without a lot of luck..

I just laugh at the conversation if this was in Houston after a harden milestone, PJ tucker text tillman players want to celebrate, tillman text back on WhatsApp “I got you, I applied my employee discount to your bill at salt grass, bubba hump, you guys enjoy!” Sends further fineprint( discount available from 9 am-11, 3-6pm on Tuesday, Wed., ice not included)

Wulaw Horn and D-rock like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Based on what? Maxey is a 6'2 pg who can't shoot and Thybulle is 6'5 sf who can't shoot. Thybulle is giving you 3.7 pts and 1.9 rebs (!!!) in 20 mins while Maxey isn't even part of the rotation, he in the dog house cuz he can't shoot. All of Maxey's advanced stats are dog **** horrible and while Thybulle is indeed great on defense, the lack of rebs and any offense makes him forgettable and hardly a huge step up from Nwaba and House.

I would totally choose Nwaba and House over Thybulle and esp Maxey. Thats because House and Nwaba won't make their team be 4v5 on offense, or in Maxey's case 4v5 on both ends of the floor.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

Maxey is a lottrey level talent who when they were injured showed flashes of being a good shot maker, he’s a rookie, but he’s showing that he could be a problem later to come, but philly is competing.
    Thybulle is a 2nd year player who is already considered all nba defender, his shot is inconsistent, but once again he’s improving and showing flashes and not many can defend the way he is. Both are far younger, way more potential, and none of those 4 players has an elite skill outside of Thybulle.

I’d wager the whole entire league would take Thybulle and Maxey over Nwaba and house, lets make a poll on clutch fans. Now I am rooting for Nwaba and house, I want them to be better, because they are in Houston. But any sense of objectivity puts both of those guys as solid role players and also still on the fringe of Dleague, while Thybulle is a major contributor for a no 1 seed in his 2nd year and maxey is in his first, showed flashes when Simmons was out.

19. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Let. Him. Go. You'll never be happy till you realize he's gone.

roslolian likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is CF, we hate our own and automatically think somebody is better if they playing on a different team. Cp3 was trash personified when he on our squad he leaves suddenly he is the Point God etc etc. Most people who pine for Maxey and Thybulle dont even watch them play or just gloss over how bad they are cuz Philly is winning.

Maxey is a shot maker at 45% FG? What kind of shots is he making? It certainly aint 3 pt shots cuz he is shooting 28% from 3. A 6'2 pg who cant shoot, you think thats a star? He aint good on defense either, you got like 10% Ben Simmons in Maxey how is that a lotto talent? Philly competing has nothing to do with Maxey cuz he sucks, his box score stats suck and his asvanced metrics suck as well. He is a rookie and he can improve but you can find better rookies elsewhere for example MPJ or Armoni Brooks are a better investment of your resources than Maxey.

Thybulle is not a "MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR" he contributes 3.7 pts and 1.9 rebs in 20 mins that's a major contribution? Yeah ok his defense is great but if defense is all that mattered then why'd we dump PJ Tucker and Dipo? Both those guys are great defenders and dont do anything else just like Thybulle. How many people here were screaming with joy at Tucker scoring 0 pts and 7 rebs a night? Well Thybulle is worse not only can he not score, he also cant rebound the ball lol.

Exactly, Nwaba and House are solid role players. You dont need to build around them cuz for them 3 pts and 1.7 rebs in 20 mins is a horrible night its not their freaking average. The last thing you want is have to build around and accomodate role players like Thybulle and Maxey who are good at only 1 aspect of the game and suck at everything else cuz they arent good enough to distort your whole team for them. Thybulle may be a great defender but since he cant rebound and he cant shoot your squad is 4v5 on offense and all rebs go to the opponent. Maxey is even worse, he has great court vision but since he cant shoot teams leave him wide open which cancels out the advantages his playmaking supposed to bring. Thats why Rivers dont even play him anymore, he sucks ass.