1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Judge Grants Injunction Against Arizona Immigration Law

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 28, 2010.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

From Chron

Link

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good article. I found out a few hours ago.

For me, as a teacher, it's a great day to work in a Title One school without my kids fearing the worst, legal or not.

I'm happy about it for other reasons, but I'm glad that the key provisions were turned down.

3. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Yeah, I made the mistake of clicking on the Yahoo linked article about it and was greeted with these lovely comments, a small sample:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_arizona_immigration

add this is for U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton

....................../´¯/)……………..
    ...................../..../………………
    .................../..../………………..
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸…………...
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\.............
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')………...
    .........\.................'...../…………

..........\…................/…………..
    ..……...\……….......(…………...
    .............\................\...............

Well everyone, We lost the battle but we did not loose the war. Elections have consequences. This was a activist judge that was appointed by Bill Clinton and should be a lesson for all law abiding citizens, that the democrat party is anti American. Who ever votes for a Democrat in the future, you only have yourself to blame. In November, we will prevail!!!

Definitely time for this nothing of a judge to step down and put an apron back on....clearly she doesn't have to intestinal fortitude to take a stand for what's right....continue bowing like the humble servant you are to the Obama Administration, Ms. Bolton....by doing so, you, like Obama, are showing your disdain to us, the real Americans. Pack your bags and go live in Mexico.....don't bring it here!

So, Seriously people, how do we start a revolution??

I am pushing not only for arizona but america. We are not being racist, we should since their is a pattern, illegal immigrants are a major reason this country is going to the dump. look at a good american neighborhood, It is a very nice place. When illegals move in what happens, it turns to a dump, trash everywhere, junk, and roaches. Americans care for their country. MOST illegals, lack care. I say if you really want to get into our country you should earn it. Do it the right way. Take some @#$% pride. I love my country i will not have it ruined. enough said

These are tame compared to the bulk of the comments regarding anything to with immigration or the Arizona law. I never paid much attention to Yahoo untill this year--have the "posters" always been on crazy pills or is this a new thing?

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

always been crazy. topic doesn't matter. The comments on Yao's potential retirement if his foot didn't heal, quickly devolved into narratives on asian drivers, black americans in general, Obama, rednecks, and intelligence. (tbe latter being sort of ironic given the discussion).

Same's true for any unmoderated comments section on just about any publication.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I've come to the conclusion that if there's one thing the looney right hates more than Obama, it's illegal immigrants. I've seen stores about non-drug related illegal immigrants being shot dead and it being cheered by the commenters (chron). It's disturbing how little humanity some of these people have.

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So this Hernandez guy, "a first generation American"....his parents must have been puritans from Salem until they decided to move to Arizona. No wonder he's so supportive of the law. :rolleyes:

7. uolj

uolj Member

First generation American means that his parents were not American. His is the first generation of his family to be citizens.

8. Major

Major Member

A lot of first-generation immigrants actually are supportive of tough immigration lasw if they came here through the legal process. Many resent people essentially "cutting in line" and making it more difficult for those going through the normal legal immigration system.

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I can understand that and can see someone wanting immigration reform. But supporting THIS law and having loved ones that immigrated here? It completely baffles me...

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL - that's one way of putting it when you kind of get your ass kicked and a statute is declared unconstitutional - "it just gives law enforcement the ability to not really enforce it"

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

guess you're in the minority...

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, sometimes those on the side of right are in the minority

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's more of a hold until higher courts can make a decision on those provisions.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not surprised and predicted this earlier. The Constitution in Article I Section 8 grants Congress the power to regulate matters of national borders and citizenship. Since Conservatives are so fond of citing the 10th Amendment this is one of those powers specifically delegated to the Federal government.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. The point of this law was to put pressure on the Feds to do their job in securing the border. It did it's job the moment it was enacted. Each day they argue about it in court is just gravy, perhaps especially when they lose. When the Federal Government successfully argues that they alone are responsible for immigration, the onus will be on them to enforce their laws. I have to tip my hat to AZ for moving the debate on immigration with their dumb, racist little law.

1 person likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that they "cut" in line, it's that they make legitimate Hispanics look bad.

Imagine if you are a clean cut hispanic and then you see whites insulting illegals who speak broken english, live in slums, and are uneducated poorer class?

It's upper crust Hispanics wanting to get rid of lower class Hispanics much the same way with the caste system in India. I guarantee you if illegal untouchables started flooding into America, Indian Americans would want them to be deported right away.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That type of thinking though is likely to backfire on those who practice it. It is like something that is often heard within the African American community regarding "Uncle Toms" and on a wider racial view is reflected in the attitude that many Asians have in regard to other minorities. We (Asians) are the model minority and don't want to be associated with other minorities.

The problem that I see though is that essentially trying to be the good minority just continues to foster racism and racist laws and attitudes tend not to discriminate based upon how well dressed and educated you are. For example we Asians under segregation were still considered "colored."

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, i completely agree. It's kinda gross and sad at the same time. People discriminating against those of their own race our of embarrassment. It's the ultimate self-loathing to gain the approval of the white man.