1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JuanValdez, What Happened To The Grid?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

She needs to shut the **** up too.

Andre0087, ElPigto, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers are smarter than everybody

3. Buck Turgidson

Good thread outlining the basics with several sourced links for additional info:

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

AOC really needs to stop talking. Can't stand her hot takes. She will single handedly make me start voting Republican again.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. HP3

HP3 Member

This is actually criminal man. Is there anything we can do about this? This isn’t right man, they cannot just do this to us. Will the law suits actually be effective?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Believe me I understand other politician's disdain for Texas politicians. Texas politicians act as if Texas politics created Texas wealth
    I'm saying this is a short term issue as opposed problem with the structure. For example wind generation shutting down isn't the reason the entire grid shut down. We don't have all the answers and a would hold off on politicizing this crisis

8. Buck Turgidson

It's not that, I just don't need any ****ing schadenfreude, thinly veiled or otherwise, right now.

Any politician using this add to their political scoreboard can kiss my ass. There will be time for all that, and beaucoup finger-pointing.

ryan_98, jiggyfly and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Like all the people who live in cold places using this as an excuse to dunk on Texas when many people never had any say in how this situation turned out is just annoying.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's that for me. I really can't stand her, and I vote democrat most of the time. I literally would have a political and moral dilemma if I had to choose between her and someone very slightly better than trump.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Who is dunking on "Texas?" I see a lot of people (Including myself) dunking on ERCOT and the government for underinvesting in grid reliability for decades. But that's not the same as calling out individual citizenry. My family in Houston is freezing like everyone else but every Texan deserves to know how ridiculous this situation is. Much of the country pays for these sorts of protections for their grid systems and I think its absurd that Texas isn't doing that.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

I understand that man, but I find it infuriating when I see people on social media or any other politician in any cold place going “HAH two days, we live this” or “ This never happens in place X” I’m all for exposing these corrupt politicians but a little compassion goes a long way.

13. Buck Turgidson

I have no idea, we'll see.

But just for a fun thought exercise: take your last electric bill, divide by 3 (prorated for 10 days of freeze, but I have no idea when spot prices will stabilize) then add 2 zeros to it = your next bill

Unless you have a fixed-rate contract.

HP3 likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

exactly

I hate politics... but when I reallllly hate it when people play politics and the event is still going on .

as much as I am pissed at ERCOT right now , we need to immediately focus on fixing the problem, then we can figure out who/what is at fault .

I used to think CF prepared me for the real world , but politicians armed with twitter brings a level of trolling that I am not prepared to deal with lol .

Imo Crenshaw’s recent tweets are the worst . I don’t have Twitter , so I’ve just seen a few reposted here and there .

now it’s a big story and national media is getting in involved. Not that it shouldn’t be covered , but it’s being used as an example and people are telling you what to think vs just stating the situation .

In the end , there will be plenty of heat to go around . Some people will be unfairly blamed and maybe some who deserve it will actually be held responsible.

I already feel bad for turner lol .

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you bald face lie like that?

I mean really WTF?

This is blatant **** stirring even after the last 4 years I am shocked by this it's easily refutable.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dudes a student and gave out false info on the reason for the nukes to shut down. I don't think much should be put into his thread.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Yorkers especially talking about Texas need to shut their traps too
    They were whining about the 1994 Finals til the end of days.
    They never accepted that Dream was better than Ewing, like the rest of the normal population.

Also New Yorkers should worry about their entire population moving to Florida , which is happening cause their major is incompetent

Say what you want about Turner, but he's not an idiot like their major.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't be a Neo Liberal dude.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Like the false info that the Green New Deal is responsible for this?

Or that the Texas Power grid is mainly wind power?

You are despicable with your partisanship.

Andre0087 likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why am I despicable again? I never said any of those things. You are not biased?

I like carbon free nuclear energy and if you look at reliability and deaths/Gwh nukes win.

tinman likes this.