1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JR Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jm434, Feb 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

ya i was just thinkin whether it is possible for us to acquire JR Smith? Ive seen him play since highschool and that kid is one helluva athlete... not only can he jump outta the building, he be taking 3 pointed like 4-5 ft behind the arc and still be making them.. for some reason he hasnt really been playin much as of late... so im just wondering do u guys think we might be able (/interested in) trading for him?

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I wanna give a shout out to my boy momo from the 3rd ward, holla!

3. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

You mean...

Stromile Swift jr?

:p

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

hmmm, that's not what we need... case closed :cool:

next!

5. xishi

xishi Member

jr smith??

i dont see why not. ive always liked him.

6. Got Em

Got Em Member

He can't shoot and doesn't understand the game. We have an upgraded version of him on our team. (Keith bogans) The only thing JR does better is jump.

7. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

LMAO Hilarious

8. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I wanna give a shout out to my boy Heavy H from the SOUFwesss side o' H'Town baby...and the #1 song on the countdown is..."Stuck in the Doghouse" by J.R Smith

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

He's young and went straight from HS to the pros. He still has time to learn. Jermaine O'Neal didn't become a star until he got a little older and was traded to the Pacers.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Let him learn somewheres else. Bring on Miles. 24 years, still young, but experienced and already had some learnin'.

11. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

i agree with jopatmc, miles is interesting, even though i hate his contract, if we could dump juwanna man in the process, and maybe even DA(but we'd probably need a third team, portland's learned their lesson with anderson), then im all for darius coming to houston. Ive liked him since he was a clipper, even though hes had his problems along the way, theres still that one word, "potential". i think he would mix well with skip to my lou and tmac, as long as he knows his role and doesnt shoot the ball outside 15-18 feet. probably not gonna happen, and it would be a risk, but we need some kinda spark.

12. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I would pass on miles. There was a article a couple days ago that said that he didnt love the game of basketball and he saw it as a job to make his living. Which means the doesnt care if the team does good or bad and since nba contracts are guarenteed I wouldnt expect full effort from him.

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

jr smith has the talent to be a GREAT player. elite athlete good jumpshot, he still does have a lot of learning and was upset that chris paul was getting the spotlight because he wanted to be the face of the organization. however, jr has to learn that more than likely he is going to have to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a team right now because he isn't completely there yet. he has a TON of talent and would be a great addition talent wise, but he is immature. that's obvious by what is happening with the hornets. he has to grow up, period. a great talent, i invision him being a 20,4,4 type of player, but he has to get his head out of his ass and learn to play the game before demanding time and touches from his coach.