1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JR Smith on Trading Block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheMacster, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not surprised.

Chemistry + "Is your head screwed on right??" > Instant offense.

Some of the boneheaded stuff Smith has done on the court never ceases to surprise me.

But if George Karl can't straighten this kid, there aren't many more coaches able to "control" this kind of personality.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe we can get Melo as a filler just to match salaries in a trade... no?

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This an appeasement move to keep Carmelo? It didn't appear that he got along all that well with JR Smith (who would?).

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

JR stepped over Melo as he was acting all hurt after not getting a call.

I agree with your assessment....

DD

5. Blunt

Blunt Member

Man JR Smith it's almost sad to see such great talent with such a horrible attitude, and way to carry himself.

He's an expiring contract, a nice 6th man, he could start on some teams if he wanted to be a starter. His attitude is the spoiler. His offense tends to go as fast it comes, if he has a nice year he will probably be asking for more than he deserves just like all these divas have been doing, and trust me JRs attitude is at Diva status right now and just always will, sadly.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Um, JR Smith is damn good player. All the so called "attitude" problems could be applied to Carmelo as well. If Melo's the star player, then he should be held even more accountable than JR for all the sensless idiotic things he's done. I dont see the Nuggets NEARLY as successful without JR. If I'm George Karl theres no way I'm giving JR up unless I'm getting a allstar back

7. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Pass that **** you're smoking my way.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

On the court? What about off the court like killing one of his best friends with his reckless driving or choking a girl in a night club?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Any team that depends on this knucklehead to be a key part of their rotation is doomed to fail.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Pull your head out of the bucket of sand it has been in for the last three years. JR Smith is a certifiable locker room cancer, a known loser and scumbag of a human being.

He is such a known malcontent I'd be surprised if Denver gets more than a few really low-ball offers for him.

11. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

You most certainly are not

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvVNOS28eRg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvVNOS28eRg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ya'll talking about the guy who jumped over someone that looked like he was passed out? Oh...that guy.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah but look at that, Melo got embarrassed and laid on the floor, that is ridiculous...even his teamates knew it.

DD

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah I've been getting the vibe lately and this only reaffirms it, but Carmelo is just as much a whiner as our previous star at SG was. No matter how talented you are, there is a right attitude and a certain mentality you must bring to not just basketball, but how you conduct yourself in every moment that you are working at your craft.

Melo doesn't have it. He's not a focused player, rather lackadaisical regarding his defensive intensity, and his playoff record matches that. Where other superstars play through pain and hide the severity of their injuries, knowing that any sign of weakness can then be exploited by an opponent, guys like Carmelo and He Who Shall Remain Unnamed In This Post were overly dramatic about their injuries, used them as crutches, found solace in the excuse it provided them, and to this day probably tell themselves, "Man I could have won it all if only I hadn't been injured."

The stats probably support what we can see with our eyes, which is that he is not a person that you can build a championship team around. Would he make us noticeably better in the regular season next year? Sure. But that video was not an isolated event. I don't want Carmelo on the Rockets, not even to speak of the price it would take to get him.

2 people like this.
  15. lionaire

lionaire Member

So Melo wants out. Melo doesn't want to play with Billups which could mean that Billups could possibly be on the block. Now JR Smith is on the block and basically from what I hear, none of these guys get along? Can you say disaster for the Nuggets?

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Don't know if they got along on the court but off the court from the reports it sounded like they partied together a lot.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

There is no link or any other site claiming that Melo doesn't want to play with Billups. Some random message board guy started that thread with no proof and he never came back to that thread.

Safe to say Melo probably didn't say it based off what has not been posted in that thread so far.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't like his attitude, he has great talent but he doesn't know how to maintain it.

19. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

The very black and better Von Wafer