1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That makes sense. I hope we can acquire a decent PG with the MLE.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Get out of here fool! The brainwashed are the people like you who believe everything they hear on the news and regurgitate like parrots and think they're smart. You have been poorly educated and need to start thinking for yourself. And last thing, this is a basketball forum not a political forum so keep your slander towards Texas to yourself! We don't apologize here for our success and we don't cower to name calling.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If 2.49 is all he wants he will be back in Houston tossing lobs to Dwight next season.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

your success....Really? I'm from Texas....live in Houston. Rick Perry and Ted Cruz had NOTHING to do with Texas' success. Keep living in your Fox fantasy......dumbass.

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't think Detroit money matters to him..

I think he'll cash out and sign with whoever gives him the most money.

Sacramento is certainly possible.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You guys are coming up with some crazy scenarios that are not allowed under the current CBA.

1st you can not sign and trade a player using the MLE.
    2nd if you are a tax paying team you can only take back 125% of out going salary
    3rd the most the Rockets can sign Josh Smith for is ~2.49 million (with out using the MLE)
    4th the most they can take back in a sign and trade is ~3.1 million.

If the Kings sign Smith for 7 million the Rockets will not be eligible to sign and trade him.

7. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

This is my argument for Josh Smith over Terrence Jones

Terrence's ceiling is an average starting PF or above average PF off the bench.

Josh's ceiling is taking over game for a quarter on both sides of the ball. Terrence can't do that.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Your a fool, the evidence shows over and over that good republicans can make our state great but for whatever reason the proof isn't enough. Even our current giverner greg Abbott has done many awesome things for texas.

9. mockster

mockster Member

Smith > jones all day. Smith can do so much more and he's shown ges a play maker and a good passer.

Smith is a steal. He's a mini allstar

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Who cares how much they are paying him?

Plus for every dollars he signs for Detroit gets let off the hook for 50 cents or something like that

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Please, oh brilliant man, tell us how Texas came to be so great unless you think Texas is just some hick filled backwoods mess then I dont want to hear your opinion. Perry has brought a ton of new jobs to this state on HIS national campaigning alone.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Smith is a Feast or Faminine
    Jones is consistent decent to good.

Smith at his best .. . . . Jones's best is not Close
    Smith at his Worse . . . Jones's worse is not close

Rocket River

13. koby1868

koby1868 Member

You're posting nonsense in every thread. That Detroit money absolutely matters.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think he's a different person now. I think he'll sign with a contender team that fits him the most. If he does sign with the Kings then he'll never win a championship.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I mean, Rick Perry has been the governor for the past 15 years... I'm sure he had some to do with it.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think Josh Smith and Harden were the only two play makers the rockets had last season. When they were good they were unbelievable especially Harden. But when your two play makers "both" do not value possessions in the playoffs it can be a huge problem and the nonchalant bounce passes they attempted many times were very costly. A low turnover play making PG would really help the team and both these players tremendously.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Jones is 23. Nobody knows what his ceiling is.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one knows where his defense is either. I like Jones too bUT he is not a better player than JSmove right NOW. Now is the key word here because Rockets are poised to contend now.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Smith cares how much Detroit is paying him because he could sign with the rockets where his game blossomed for $2.5 or whatever and its still nearly 10 mil before tax. Now of course he could just sign a huge contract with the kings to cash in if that's what he's all about. But who wants to play for the kings? Even Brewer and Mathews didnt want to cash out there.

Regardless your offer of 3/$24 doesn't even work from the Rockets standpoint.

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

You're taking my post out of context.

Of course the money matters to him.

I'm trying to say that it won't be a factor in where he decides to play ball at.