1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is where we get to see how influential his agent can be.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Do y'all not realize how long it has taken Morey to acquire both Smith and Brewer?? YEARS!!!! Do you also not realize that those 2 guys were the reason that we made it to the WCF?? How long did it take to do that? 20 F'ING YEARS! And y'all morons are like "Great! Take them off our hands. I would LOVE to see them in Sacramento!"

Freaking idiots! Those are the 2 guys we need to do everything to retain and if we lose them, you can kiss even getting out of the 1st Round next year goodbye.

SMH at Clutchfans this morning.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Mprice

Mprice Member

I really do not understand the hate for Josh Smith on this board, he helped us accomplish something we haven't done 20 years same goes for Brewer. I understand we are in a holding pattern until LMA makes his decision but losing those two would not be good for our depth at all be a lot more reasonable people.

5. malakas

malakas Member

It doesnt matter what we do. Its out of our hands. We cant even match brew if he gets more than 8 per.

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Hope he stays...Dude basically saved Hou playoffs with brewer last year.

Dude is a good bench player but had to play more then wanted because Jones became useless outside of 2-3 games.

7. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

All the people bashing Smith must have forgotten how beastly he was in the post-season against Mavs and LAC. Did you forget the unstoppable alley-oop fest with him and Dwight that basically won us game 2 against the Mavs or the snatching victory from the jaws of defeat performance in game 6 against the Clippers... JSmoove was our 3rd best player most games when Ariza and Brewer struggled with their shot and is an elite rim protector.

8. Mprice

Mprice Member

Exactly!!!

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol he had a once in a lifetime playoff series.
    He's never going to be that hot again.

I love Smith, but if we have to overpay I'd rather not keep him.

10. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Everyone hating should be banned.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Will there be PPV? I see a reality TV show franchise in the making.

12. Mprice

Mprice Member

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Smith will do us a solid and take our offer.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great points made in this thread. I want Smith to stay in Houston, but it seems that he will be offered a big deal which will preclude retaining him.

The other point I would like to make is that the chasing of LMA and interest in Kevin Love, obviously made Josh Smith feel unwanted.

Morey should have offered Josh Smith 2.49 M, ie the maximum that the Rockets could have done, on the very 1st day of free agency.

Tad Brown, Les, McHale, Morey, Howard, Harden and Ariza should have met Smith, and let him know how much he was appreciated. Management could have also let him know, that they would like him to retain him on a longer contract after this season.

#54 saleem, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Talk about great timing for Josh. Sacramento is writing blank checks that nobody wants. Josh will get another big pay day. Good for him.

16. hakeemthagreat

I understand, he's not from Europe smh

17. saleem

First of all, they don't need to overpay him, but his performance was no fluke.
    Smith fitted in far better than anyone expected. His loss will be a big blow to us.

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I think they had the conversation w Josh. He knows he is valued, what we can pay, that he is not as good a player as LMA, that we are trying to build a championship team. None of that's a secret and it would take no great stretch of the imagination to believe they've talked. But let's say they haven't expressly said all these things, do we really think Josh isn't smart enough to know, or that his agent hasn't explained it to him?

That Smith might get interest from other teams is hardly surprising, but there has been zero indication of his intentions. All the folks in this thread assuming he is leaving for money, assuming we didn't talk to him... Really people, this free agency period is getting to you.

Step back and try to allow reason to soak in.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Hey Salem, pls understand that my post wasn't meant to be directed at you. I quoted as a response but intended for all.

20. saleem

No problem at all. Big money talks at the end of the day. I hope Les/ Morey and co didn't make Smith feel unwanted, that's all.

I knew that the chances of retaining him were slim.