1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thanks a lot McDaniels! We couldn't offer it in case of an offer sheet. I'm curious what the heck Morey is doing, I'm sure he has something lined up.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Other than the start of the season Jones was never healthy and you have to acknowledge that. Was there ever any indication other than internet rumors that Jones was going to get moved?

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Don't forget backup center too...

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

back to wishing he returns as Detroit Smith...who was an abomination. Dont worry Houston...he is our trojan horse...;)

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Jones was the most logical trade piece to acquire a backup PG. Now, if you trade him you become too thin at PF.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So what. The Clippers didn't offer the MLE either.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Jones can stay healthy? Yeah, big if right there. And did you see his play in the postseason. He had a few decent games, but Smith outplayed him. And BTW, how the F are we supposed to get a PG now? Morey sat back and watched every free agent sign with other teams. He drafted 2 forwards with our picks. And now the best asset available to us in a potential trade(T-Jones) will have to remain a Rocket because we just lost our backup 4.

8. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

HE SIGNED WITH LAC FOR THE MIN????

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Clippers quietly had an A+ offseason...

Lance Stephenson -> This kid was considered a MAX contract not even 2 seasons ago.
    Josh Smith -> Baller, shot caller
    DeAndre Jordan -> YOU SHALL NOT PASS DEANDRE
    PAUL PIERCE -> DA TRUTH

10. dragician

dragician Member

JOF faints... harharhar.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Capela?

We'll be OK. Thanks for the great WCF run, JSmoove

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So am I reading this right? He took less money then he would have gotten here to go to the clippers? That makes no sense at all.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

+1. Saw what you will about Josh Smith, he did provide a special dimension with ball handling. All those lobs to Dwight? They now go to DJ.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

remember that alleyoop show Josh put on vs. the Mavs as well....i'm beyond pissed that those alleys are going to DJ/Blake now.....Morey, better keep an eye out on Dwight this year.....

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Look it up. Smith was a plus defender in the playoffs. JONES gave up like 6 extra FG% points to the man he was guarding. Notice what happened when they started Smith instead of Jones in that series? Is that a coincidence? Man, I know you're just a fellow Rockets fan, but this is a bad time to f with me on this. I am sooooooo P*SSED about this.........I just want to break somebody's face!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I think the rockets see harrell getting some minutes from his summer league play.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Do not know why, have to see the next move.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This reminds me of last year when everyone wanted something to happen and it seemed Morey wasn't doing anything. Rockets lost Three core players and Morey thought the team was better for it.

Every year Morey has made the team better. Maybe signing Thorton will be huge and we just don't know it yet. We have all doubted Morey before only to come to that table mouth full of crow.

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

Wow im shocked!! Didn't see this one coming! This really sucks! Josh, even with his knucklehead moments, brings a lot to a team. good passer, good defender and doesn't back down to anyone.

Now did I read this correctly. He went to the LAC for the vet min?? How much exactly is the vet min this year??

Didn't we offer him 2.5 mill? If he ditched the Rockets for less money, he must have really been pissed that we didn't offer more.

WOWWW :eek:

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Really? Come on now...surely Morey has something planned. Is KJ McDaniels really important enough to keep the MLE? Something is going on.