1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

We are done next season. HA HA HA

2. NotChandlerParsons

Fill us in on Josh Smith's currently unknown drug problems :eek:

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Why not extend D-Mo. We won a lot of games with him playing heavy minutes at the 4 and 5. I know he got injured but with the way free agency has been going, I think you have to think about giving him a deal now before he hits the market. Something like Beverley's deal.

4. mightybosstone

I'm bummed about Smith leaving, but not nearly as much as other posters. I actually think D-Mo is clearly the better basketball player right now, especially for the long-term. I'm more concerned about what this will mean for the team's depth if Motiejunas or Jones gets hurt. But I'm hoping Dekker can get healthy and contribute as a rookie and that McDaniels will come back and see an increased role. I'd be fine with the Rockets playing more small ball as long as they have talented defensive wings like those guys getting some minutes at the 4.

5. Fantasma Negro

Vet minimum? Did someone insult his mother? What hell is going on over there? Kevin Mchale better be on a ****ing plane. If Deandre changed his mind, Josh will too. This is bull****. Sam Dekker better be the reincarnation of Kevin Durant for me to be ok with this. We just lost a third of our offense

6. NotChandlerParsons

I'm sure if extending DMo for that much was an option, Morey would have done it.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

When The Rockets lose or he thinks, excuse me, when he KNOWS we messed up...

[​IMG]

8. Homey the Clown

I just saw the news. I laughed and shook my head at the same damn time. Tough break for the Rockets. Good move for Smith though. Rockets are looking weaker as the offseason rages on.

9. PointZero

PointZero Member

Josh loved the Rockets and wanted to be back, but Morey offered the MLE to Sergio Llull and now KJ McDaniels.

So they were the team's priorities. Not Josh.

No wonder he left.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They offered more money to Josh than he got in LA.....but given your post history, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

11. mightybosstone

Overreact much?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Another point to make...Perhaps the Rockets really did envision this to happen. Look at their draft picks...TWO Forwards. Maybe things appeared too crowd from Josh's perspective, and Rivers pounced on that idea...

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

lose some win some.

at times he was great and other times I hated his decisions. oh and Free throws.

1. worried about another playmaker and a PF defender. I hope Dmo and TJ stay healthy and up their game.

2. clippers looking solid

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Smith felt slighted by Houston.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It will be the most funniest thing ever happened to NBA if :

Josh will have a clash with Lance in the locker room and CP3 also got involved and DJ joining the party also and then Doc proceed to waive Josh,

and he proceed to resign with the Rockets for the remainder of the season and then kicked the Clip's ass again in the second round.

Let's make this happen.

16. caneks

caneks Rookie

Morey has not realized that Smith played a very big role for the success of last postseason. It is not only his energy, but also the chemistry between him and Howard.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They expected it...morey talked about terry and bev being back, not so much with Smith. He knew it wasn't a lock at all.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

By offering him more money?

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Of course he did,

the Rockets signed Brewer first with what 8 mils per and then not even willing to offer him 5 mils.

That's totally normal.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Saw this coming a mile away.