1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith has agreed to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobbythegreat, Dec 24, 2014.

?

Do you like the move for the Rockets to sign Josh Smith at the bi-annual exception ($2.1M)?

1. YES

862 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Look at when he played for ATL it might keep you from looking like a potato

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

When he was the true 4 playing in a "Big 3" with the other 2 marquee players being a C & SG (Kinda like here), then he did that winning thing really well.

But Joe Johnson wasn't the best SG in the league on an MVP pace, and Horford wasn't the best C in the league.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know that, you know that, but he has proven time and time again, that HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT.

;)

Let's hope it is different in Houston.

DD

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He played plenty of winning basketball in Atlanta- oh, what's the point, I tried to be joking, and then civil, but at this point, you are Bobbythewhatever are just being douches to be douches. If you don't want to watch what you will probably consider our brand of aesthetically unpleasing basketball, please do us a favor and become a Mavericks fan.

1 person likes this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think he's ever been on a team where he's been able to show it. He's always been counted on as a first, second, option really. I'm skeptical too, but hopeful none the less. I think this can be a special team. (health pending...)

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize there's no way for you to be right about this? If he doesn't pan out, we took a low cost shot at it... Give it a rest, it's not like you are frequently right about anything basketball related.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wait, so if DD doesn't like him then he'll be really good for us right?

8. Nils

Nils Member

Exactly....Booby and DeeDee have been peeing in our collective Cheerios all day. They'll probably spend Xmas eve running into malls, screaming "Santa isn't real!!! There is no Santa!!!" Stuff like that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Potato thing is not something he can do anything about.

10. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Josh Smith is the best in the worlddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Good move. I don't really see how you pass up giving Smith a cheap contract like this.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As much as he's a dedicated fan, his reputation of being wrong time and time again spread fast. It's not like it's a secret or anything- that's what happens when you throw yourself out there that much. We'd just let the wolf get him at this point.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

For everyone saying this, I still want to know who exactly is going to be the third option if not Smith? Will it be Bev? Ariza?

Also I'm sorry. But you're just wrong that he's "always been the first or second option." In Atlanta he was the third option.

Smith is a "go to player" on the Rockets as the third option. Barring of course if you have a different definition of that. It remains to be seen how our offense will adapt.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not sure what specialty Josh Smith brings as a starting 4. He's already too short to be a 4 in the WC as it is.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not very well. Brewer and Shved will bring down the Rockets with their losing ways as well.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He was referring to his passing and scoring down low and not clanking 3pters

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I've always been jealous of the teams that lure all the past their prime stars.

Having that advantage is huge in team building.

18. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Josh Smith will probably be mad that Harden gets all the MVP chants. He is gonna team up with Dwight to go somewhere else.

19. treeman

treeman Member

6'9" is not too short for a PF. It's a pretty typical height for a PF.

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Crazy good athleticism and defense.