1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Primo Waived by Spurs?! (12th pick in 2021)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ickaruto, Oct 28, 2022.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Thought of this too. But you'd think he'd have made this known earlier. They just picked up his rookie team option 2 weeks ago.

Reddit is wild. Someone claiming someone with the Raptors says it has to do with murder.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

From the vibes I'm getting I feel like something happened to him rather than him doing something himself. Needs some time to sort it out or recover. Just general sentiment from the statements released and from the Spurs trying to protect him by withholding details. Wouldn't be surprised if he's back with the spurs eventually.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm going to go with a #MeToo thing.

19 year old, NBA money, probably didn't take no for an answer and like a lot of young pro-athletes thinks every woman dreams of being with him and went too far with one (or more) and the Spurs are not the kind of organization to give second chances for stuff like that.

It's the one thing that makes sense right now because if it were something as serious as being involved in a murder or something like that people would have seen the police report and it'd be known but with sexual harassment/assault cases they can go quiet for a little bit until it hits the public.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know but people directly jumping to murder is nonetheless cringe before the news even broke.

I mean we fear the worst but some of it was next level.

If it is indeed murder there is hope he wasn't the one pulling the trigger but an accomplice.

5. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Something serious for sure, they wouldn’t lift his jerseys off immediately from the stores if this was about “mental health”

Yung-T likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I still have hope that the online shop thing is just a mistake but yeah it does not look good.

The mental health issue could be the crutch he uses as an excuse when he did something.

raining threes and LeDakota like this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's definitely more than mental health. The Spurs organization would have released a statement saying they support him in getting better. If he was indicted on something though everyone would know. My guess is there's a police investigation ongoing. He's probably cooperating so nobody is talking. Murder sounds nuts. Sexual assault could be it but who knows. Look what occurred with Crittenton. Just seems so off because they picked up his option and he's been praised for high character. Then again, so was Deshaun and look what a scumbag he turned out to be

raining threes, theDude and LeDakota like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

If possible… sign him off the waver wire then support him. He is very young and worth the wait or the chance he never plays again. We have roster spots be occupied by non-NBA players now. It’s step in the right direction.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nobody is going to sign him including us. A young player who has been repeatedly praised by a guy like Pop doesn't just get cut by an organization like SA. He did something terrible.

LeDakota likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny enough that both Parker and Manu stayed so long as France and Argentina are heaven compared to SA....

King1 likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

If possible…

“I A young player that needs constantly praised by a head coach”

I know I have seen that somewhere recently…

If there is anything redeemable about him. He could blend in with us. The Rockets organization is geared for a project; Lucas maybe able to truly help the kid.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry to disappoint you but the team is a farce as of now but yeah send more raw players there.

The team has enough construction sites with teh existing players and Silas can't handle shet.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

I agree with all said. I don’t view Silas as a long time fixture within the organization. Raw talent is still talent. One of the main thing that changed is our coaching staff is better than last year and focused on development. Silas has a role here for now but long term things will change.

raining threes and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will take them years and I sure do not hope that the losing culture will turn us into a Sactown lite situation, it's just too easy to get there.

And Sacramento had massive talent..
    The WC is a slaughterhouse at that.

16. fattz

fattz Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sounds like he's under investigation for something really bad, murder, serial sexual assault, minors etc

18. fattz

fattz Member

Stone timeline is years.

I truly believe Silas/Porter are setting us back is part of the bigger picture. Silas by design / Porter by narcissism or ignorance hard to tell.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are 2 big issues a team cannot control other than laying off the main coach Silas and which will determine careers.

No big injuries
    Draft position in the next Draft and if we could snatch Wemby or Scoot.

May the goddess of luck shine on this team yet again.

raining threes and fattz like this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We needed a Latino on our team. Get er done Stoney.

I bet Lucas is so excited, another troubled kid he can turn into a scrub.

fattz, cheke64 and BigShasta like this.