1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Primo Waived by Spurs?! (12th pick in 2021)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ickaruto, Oct 28, 2022.

1. VoR

VoR Member

I didn’t know he went to Penn State.

2. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unconfirmed - going to check Reddit now

Update - the SAPD tweet has been deleted. I would consider this FALSE for now

#82 subtomic, Oct 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Come on man that's clearly bullshit. Look at the statement he gave to ESPN.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Must have gone over my head. He went to Alabama.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good decision for both.

The organisation could focus on the season at hand and the player could take his time getting better and when he is work his way back.

6. VoR

VoR Member

Pedo State. Notorious for traumatizing afletes.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sign him and give him KPJ's locker.

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Kind of like KPJ.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is there an article or anything, about this? I can't find a single report stating that the NBA requires the waiving of a player. I've been trying to find more information as to why the NBA would need players to be waived for this, specifically. Why couldn't they stay with the team and work it out contractually, to keep the player?

It's odd to me, if that's the case. The NBA and the team, itself, could represent a support system for the player. But you're saying the NBA wants its teams to cut ties with a person that is seeking to better their mental health? Shouldn't it be up to the player if he wants to stay with the team?

Very odd.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Rockets should not claim this young man. Let him get the help he needs & get his life together. That is more important than basketball.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I would take a chance on an overweight 17 year old who just got cut from his high school team, over letting KPJ continue to run point.

chadyang and LeDakota like this.
  12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems counterproductive, if not outright illegal. A rule that you have to fire an employee that has a mental health issue? I’m curious to see the language in that rule, too.

13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Attempted suicide sounds like the most likely scenario here. Hope everything turns out ok.

14. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

It we be cool if we just played Josh Christopher

groovemachine and Imanimal like this.
  15. my time to shine

Are you guys using KPJ as a positive example of this?

I want KPJ off the team and think he’s a complete waste of playing time.

He 100% got cut from the Cavs for a reason and we shouldn’t be wasting our time with that head case.

LeDakota likes this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You don't cut the 12th pick 4-5 games into the season and then wipe all existing evidence of him ever playing for your organization including jerseys in the team shop for "mental health reasons" - they still sell Lonnie Walker jerseys fyi

Ben Simmons got an entire year off from basketball for mental health reasons. Kevin Love got time off. Countless players get time off. Primo had to have f'd up bad, this wasn't a KPJ locker room meltdown. This is Primo getting ahead of the news and trying to wash his hands a bit before the filth is revealed

#96 BigggReddd, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  17. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

He played 4 days ago. So the Spurs have made a decision in less than 3 days. There is no way it was his decision. Also the way it was communicated, as well as pulling his jersey off the store, means only one thing.

He f'd up so bad that they had to make the quickest decision possible, and release him. His NBA career is gone for good, and we are just going to learn why in the next days. Also, the fact that they waited for 5pm Friday to announce it, shows there is so much more to it. Their refusal to even mention what he's done is probably tied to an ongoing police investigation.

Man really threw away his life, and whatever it is, it's gonna be awful and sad. Hope he can get some help whatever he's done.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Left glute soreness? Butt hurt? That can't be real.

AleksandarN, nemac, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

sources from the dark web said he claimed taiwan was a great country to visit and refused to take it back. he left the spurs no choice

20. jayland

jayland Member

Maybe his mental health issue is he doesn't want to play in the dump known as San Antonio. Even Demar Dorozen, who is a relatively nice guy, admitted he felt irrelevant and forgotten when he was with the Spurs.

Jontro and nolimitnp like this.