1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Jackson and DeAndre Ayton are the best pure talents at the high school level regardless of age?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Harden2Capela, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Josh Jackson out of Detriot, Michigan has been compared by nba scouts to likes of Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/josh-jackson

NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady/Andrew Wiggins

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Jackson-7239/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kSxiR-NKBCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[youtube]WpTaGuZdSq8[/youtube]

[youtube]fuOonDEmjhY[/youtube]

DeAndre Ayton hailing from Nassau, Bahamas is younger but is more highly regarded among NBA circles, he would be the number 1 overall pick if he came out RIGHT NOW as a 16 year old. He is that advanced and developed a prospect, many scouts say he is an even better big man prospect than the hyped Greg Oden of a few years past

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/deandre-ayton

NBA Comparison: Shawn Kemp/David Robinson

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeAndre-Ayton-7302/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T01ko3TvvMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

also there is talk of Josh Jackson playing overseas instead of going to college like Mudiay. It seems the NCAA is hot on his trail for recieving improper benefits

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I like Michael Porter Jr and Jayson Tatum as the best high school players

4. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

DeAndre is not 16. He is a liar.

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

oh ok he turned 17 less than a month ago, my mistake

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Very similar to tmac. Kid has handles and can shoot. Not to mention a freakish athlete

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

When I see people being compared to tmac and lone it just means volume scorer who's a wing.

How about give them a proper comparison

8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Think Wiggins in HS was more impressive as a pure athlete, and overall.

His ball handling is far superior. This is such an important skill, T-Mac, Bron, Kobe all had it at a good level in HS. Wiggins lacks this, PG13 lacked this coming out of college, as did KD. It's instrumental in being a premiere wing.

9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

How tall is Ayton?

Seems he doesn't need to jump. Good body for his age, the question is can his body keep up with an extra 1-2in in height, and 30-40lbs in body weight for the NBA level? And can it sustain injuries?

He has good hands, good body control. He's not overly athletic. My bar with the new age specimens are like Wiggins, AD, etc.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I like ayton

Reminds me of Chris webber

11. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

13. Progs

Progs Member

Josh Jackson is a year older than anyone in his class. Marvin Bagley is consider the top HS prospect. He is a beast.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bagley is the best, relative to his class. He has ridiculous skill and athleticism for a 6'10" (and still growing) guy who's only going to be a Soph.

Giles is the surest thing of the '16 and '17 guys for me. He isn't a transcendent prospect, but he does project as a star PF, and it's hard to see him not reaching that. Jackson's game is predicated on his motor, athleticism and physical tools, and he needs quite a bit of polish before being thrown into the T-Mac/Kobe conversation. I do think he has some similarities to Wiggins though.

As for other '16 guys, I like Dennis Smith Jr, who is a freak athlete at PG, but unlike other freaks at his position, he actually possesses high level court-vision and scoring instincts. De'Aaron Fox from Houston is primed to be a top prospect for the '17 draft as well -- he's a big athletic PG who's relentless in transition. Malik Monk is in the conversation for the best player in his class, and should star at the college level as well, but him being a 6'4" (or 6'3") scoring SG will hurt him as an NBA prospect. I'm still keeping an eye on Thon Maker, who most have a strong opinion on one way or the other. There's still time for him to develop in the way he needs to, but there's still quite a bit of that for him to still do.