1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

I've been tuning in to Joel Blank on 97.5 at 3pm after Adam and Sean's show is over on 790. It's not bad but I wished it lasted longer cause The Blitz kinda sucks.

wreck likes this.
  2. jae713

jae713 Member

Wow! Any smart person who is on a public stage knows they should avoid any type of race talk/ debate because it doesn't take much for something you say to be misconstrued. It's just a matter of time before this dude slips up.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think he's a closet racist, I think he pretends to be one, which also makes for trash radio just the same. Is he fired yet? I saw CP, he's managing an Oshman's in Spring.

Invisible Fan and Bandwagoner like this.
  4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

The blitz is pretty terrible. Its pretty close to being the josh enis show only without all the racism. At least charlie was listenable. At this point im just sticking to music. theres nothing on anymore. i prefer the triple threat but its over at 6 and then its texans radio.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Excited when I saw the bump, left disappointed.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Is this an inside joke I'm not aware of?

7. conquistador#11

I heard CP was doing voice over work for WEBSTER.com pronouncing words and what not.

8. Buck Turgidson

Member when Oshman's were everywhere and were the nice sporting goods store, while Academys were basically dumpy warehouses selling surplus clearance crap?

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Isn't that still the case?? Academy's selection sucks compared to other sporting goods stores around the country. It'll be interesting to see how much of a dent Dick's makes in Academy's business now that they're expanding......(yes, Dick's is expanding huehuehuehuehue).

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Charlie is a time traveler playing by his own rules. He's always on CP time.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Anyone who listens and engages this sack a **** on social commentary is an idiot.

mikol13 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I don't know how anyone could listen to him and NOT feel dumber. Maybe the worst death of the year, intelligent sports radio in Houston.

13. Buck Turgidson

Dick's is a wonderful place if you want to buy $40 flip flops or some sort of frufru crap for your wife.

When you get serious about doing something as a man, I'd stop by Academy.

eta: it also depends on what you're doing. Academy won't help you with back country hiking or anything, it's a Texas store. Go to REI ya damn hippie.

wouldabeen23 and jev5555 like this.
  14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I accidentally flipped over the other day before I realized it was him, and he just had people calling in and telling him how much they liked the show and how great they thought he was, as if to prove some kind of point to his critics. Wonderful radio to listen to. :rolleyes:

I kind of think he's sports radio for people who listen to hard right talk radio. His market are the so called "deplorables". It's not as big a market as staying neutral and relatively uncontroversial, but it's a solid niche audience.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

Innes RULES!!! Suck it!

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

17. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Beat me to it!!!

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

haven't turned on 790 since CP was let go. replaced 790 with Fantasy Football related shows on XM radio. Now that FF season is over I am listening to 610. I will give the FM radio station a shot if I can find a stream through the internet.

Interesting to see that the LZ/Matt airing appears to be a failure... their ratings are below Innes.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That means there's still people listening to that gas bag.