1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The shill doth protest too much, methinks

2. grt004

grt004 Member

Im 26 male. Jim pissed me off more than anything. I stopped tuning in when Jim said that voting booths should only have English and that other languages should not be translated. He said if you live in America, you should know and speak English fluently.
    Ever since then I listen to public radio and podcasts exclusively.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm a 40-something honky and he's never pissed me off. I just think his shtick is dull and cliched. And he's nowhere near as good at it as countless others.

Judging by the ratings, millennials ain't listening to him either. You would expect his ratings to start out strong and then steadily drop once the newness wears off. But starting out weak isn't a good sign for him.... Jim is a friend of mine and I just hope he hasn't hooked his trailer to the wrong truck. He had a bright future at 610.

4. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

WTF... blasting his voice singing Sandy from the Grease movie. I had to turn down my radio because my coworkers were wondering what the heck i'm listening to. I really don't listen to the program (especially his), I usually leave the station alone as background noise from the morning programs. Unbearable!

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Millennials don't tend to tolerate ass hole racists with a total lack of intelligence. I see him being brought there as more of a Trump demographic type guy. Not to mention Millenials don't listen to the radio. The only reason I was still listening to 790 is that I can listen via podcast later in the day.

Another Brother, Nook and Bandwagoner like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I think if you're trying to grow your millennial audience on AM radio you're wasting your time. Not going to happen. Instead they alienated the audience they DID have by ousting Charlie in poor fashion. The station needs to just accept what it is and adjust salary and personnel accordingly or try and tap into the millennial audience in the form of local online content. Nobody new is going to AM radio.

7. LAM

LAM Member

I miss Loch Siebenhausen and the crap they made him do on the air out in public. I'd listen to that aghum. I admit I've never matured as far as my sense of humor.

Buck Turgidson and Blake like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why is Jim Mudd even listed as a co-host? I'll flip over every now and then just to see what inane non-sports related topic Innes is blabbering on about, and Mudd is almost always just agreeing with whatever verbal vomit is spilling out of Innes' triple chin. The only thing missing from Jim's microphone is a slurping sound.

grt004 and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Josh Anus is a deplorable individual but if anyone is worse than him it is that mid 40's loser Jim Mudd.

This dude does nothing but egg on Josh's shitty takes and shitty jokes with his uh huh and yes. He is just a yes man lackey to Josh Anus' nonsense.

grt004 likes this.
  10. LAM

LAM Member

I wonder how the ex-jocks/ meatheads at 790 will stand for this.
    I'm thinking(hoping) he gets a surprise in the parking garage. And I don't mean a mean note on his car.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uncle Waldo was a staple of my high school commute. Good times....

Back on topic, it's days after a big Rockets win that I really miss Charlie. He would probably be talking about the Rockets non-stop right now.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Stop giving this guy any shine. I've completely shut off 790 after 3pm, it's not even sports radio after that point

LAM, macho GRANDE, vinsensual and 2 others like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Jim Mudd seriously sounds like the biggest homo. Umm yahhhh like that is right, (Insert dumb comment)

I tuned in the other day just randomly, Josh was having his first ever Big Mac (surprisingly). No talk about sports. Horrible show, I'll never tune in ever again.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, presuming the ratings don't ever increase enough to even match CP's showing, at what point does 790 just throw in the towel?

I would say, the Innes stuff may be better for morning time.... where people just need something mindless and low-key prior to heading into a stressful/long day.

It's just amazing that they thought 'this' was what the drive-time market was missing.... just a total gross mis-characterization of the entire market that still actually likes to listen to/call-in/and talk sports radio.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I had grown weary of CP over the years, but replacing him with Innes was just epic studity. If the owners of AM790 don't clean house and remove the bonehead(s) who made that decision, they should consider closing shop. Maybe the market here just doesn't need the station.

Again, I stopped being a CP fan years ago. But bringing Innes back to replace him is something people will laugh about years from now. It's like watching a dog eat someone else's vomit.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.

Its remained clear to me that the people in the Houston market who actually listened to sports radio... actually did like to talk and hear about SPORTS. What a novel concept...

Absolutely zero drive time hard-hitting analysis of any sports team in the houston market. No more breakdowns of possible trades. Paltry draft talk. Very little game recap talk. God forbid a local sports controversy comes up... 790 will still be talking about big macs, strippers, and movie quotes.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Still not fired?!? He must have a term contract, we'll have to wait until they don't renew him. By then I'll listen to even less AM radio.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I've actually grown quite comfortable with my (non-Rockets broadcast) ban of 790. 610 and Spotify are the big winners here.

790 should be very, very scared. They're about to go from "The House that Pallilo Built" to "The House That Innes Destroyed."

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

jae713 likes this.
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I still haven't turned on 790 outside of a Rockets game...which is rare since I'm almost never in the car when the Rockets are playing. I have the option of Sirius, too. If they nut up and fire these morons, I'll come back.