1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Howard continues his horrendous offseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

That's the best thing said in this thread. I think NBA players get hated on more than any other pro athlete in the big 4 sports leagues. This doesn't help their case.

2. LouisianaRocket

:eek:
    you can't be serious... can you?

3. LouisianaRocket

You know they had white slaves too right? My ancestors were FORCED to America, and used as slaves, And frankly, only 1% of America were slave owners... 1%, you are barking up the wrong tree's when you try to blame white people for your injustices, when the other 99% of the population had nothing to do with slaves. Barking up the wrong mother****in tree son.

4. LouisianaRocket

Oh, and not to mention that whites didn't go into homes and take people like you claim. They were SOLD to the whites by other Africans. You really think a fleet of boats was really able to land on African Shores and just start taking people from their homes? You mean to tell me one of the meanest, baddest lands on earth just LET whites go take Africans from their homes? You are sadly mistaken dude. You really need to stop listening to that Nation of Islam BS holmes.

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Do you seriously think he's upset about past injustices? Dude likes to get high and trash the American anthem, which he's entitled to.. but like Calvin Murphy said on his radio show the guy is living better than 99% of the people in America... he should show that he's grateful to be an American.. not a lot of people have the opportunity he's got..

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Why not? Fried chicken's great.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Hey, you're quoting the wrong person- that nonsense was spouted by Mr. K-State- please do not attribute my user name to his asinine remarks.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I'll just correct this post quickly. Yes some African leaders were sick and greedy enough that they did sell their countrymen to the Colonial leaders and traders BUT that's a select few. The majority had no choice but to acquiesce to what was required of them by the Slave traders. We can delve into this topic further on another thread if necessary. My facts/information come from discussions with elders in the country from my parent's country as well as from reviewing the history of the period.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I actually agree with the sentiment that it isn't necessary for the national anthem to be played before EVERY sporting event in this country.
    I understand the feeling of patriotism in this country but sometimes I wonder if some of the NBA and MLB players ever get tired of hearing it every night for 82 or 162 games. I'd imagine it loses it's meaning to them after a while.
    That's just my opinion but I may be wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a citizen of three countries(I know I'm supposed to have given up my passports but don't tell the feds). :D and I love the anthems of all 3 countries but I think it would feel more special at an event where I'm representing my country as opposed to an event where I'm representing my club team. E.g, the feeling you get before a game or match for your country at the Olympics, Soccer World Cup, Rugby World cup, etc.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I had to post this.
    This is a reason I like Cuban, despite being a Rox fan.
    It seems when stupid comments like J-HO's come out, it brings out the racist side of a number of people. (I'm not talking about the current arguement on this thread).

http://blogmaverick.com/2008/09/18/thanks-for-the-advice-on-josh/

Cubes decided to post on his blog the comments, names and email addresses of some lovely people that decided it was a great time to spew vile, racist stuff and felt it'd be smart to email them all to Cuban.

No doubt we've established J-HO is an idiot of the highest order and he should not have said what he said but when reading comments like that, I hate to think there's a number of people in this great country that think like that.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Here's a few comments Cuban posted.

Author : Barack Obama (IP: 64.12.117.196 , cache-mtc-ah04.proxy.aol.com)
    E-mail : *****4life@coon.com
    URL : http://Watermellon
    Whois : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=64.12.117.196
    Comment:
    JOSH HOWARD IS NOTHING BUT A DUMB COON ******. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TEACH HIS MONKEY ASS SOME DAM RESPECT FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM

To: <mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com>
    Date: 09/18/2008 11:18 AM
    Subject: Howard

This ahole is just as anti American as you are Cuban! What a disgusting bunch.
    rom: “Billy Leto” <billy.leto@gmail.com>
    To: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 09:20 AM
    Subject: are you kidding me?

MC,
    Tell Howard that him and Hussein Obama can go to another country and live if they don’t want to support our symbol of freedom.–
    Billy
    Date: 09/18/2008 09:20 AM
    Subject: Howard’s(and the rest of them) anti-American, thuggish remarks/attitude

These black criminals that you people coddle and cultivate are the reason why I no longer watch/follow professional sports. Sickening.

Date: 09/18/2008 09:14 AM
    Subject: Ask Mark Cuban

Hey Mark, I’ve always loved the way you ran your team and respected a large amount of your opinions. Regardless, I have to stop supporting the Mavs. Why? Because I don’t support POS, America-bashing people like Josh Howard. Tell that spoiled pansy that his lifestyle is only made possible by the marvelous experiment that is America, and to take his bs to Russia if he’s going to talk down our national anthem. Until he’s off the team, you guys are off the TV.
    To: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com,<mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com>
    Date: 09/17/2008 11:28 PM
    Subject: josh howard

This the first time I have e mailed any one of this stature you have to be kidding me I have always admired you and I am a warriors fan Don Nelson or not. Fire that ass hole this is America send him to Iraq No wonder kids act the way they do this is there role model they have no clue what we have been through in our history and how we became this country we all have faults but this is not the 60`s if it was he would of been hanged. I suppose that he thinks all the fireman, police and innocent citizens in 911 should of died also only in America could this happen and thats the point he does not get.
    Date: 09/17/2008 08:51 PM
    Subject: Your boy

You need to get rid of your ****** howard before you go down with him!
    From: “Manuel Rodriguez” <manuel_rodriguez_7126@yahoo.com>

Cc: <Mark.Cuban@dallasmavs.com>
    Date: 09/17/2008 10:09 PM
    Subject: Maverick Josh Howard

You better get that piece of work out of your team for talking and disrespecting the national anthem or you are going to pay the price for it….. What kind of org. allows a looser and an idiot play for them? You are so low you make me vomit!!!! If you allow a hate of America play for your team, you also Hate AMERICA. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

Have a Blessed Day:

Manuel A. Rodriguez

Name: Roger
    Email: rconnally@hotmail.com

Dude: Worry less about why the financial world and more about that unpatriotic coon you have on your team.

Time: Wednesday September 17, 2008 at 10:07 pm
    IP Address: 68.238.150.29

To: Mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 08:58 PM
    Subject: Josh Howard

You need to fire that SOB immediately. However, given your political leaning and anti-US film producer credits, I doubt you have the nuts for it. Wouldn’t be surprised if you encouraged him. Do the right thing…dump that dumb *******.
    To: markcuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 08:25 PM
    Subject: MARK & TEAM NEED TO MOVE TEAM AND YOU TO MOSCOW RUSSIA OR CUBA OR CHINA ETC.ETC.

1ST STRIKE - YOU HAD THE ANTI-AMERICAN CANADIAN PIG VOMIT ON YOUR TEAM
    2ND STRIKE - YOU FUNDED ANTI-AMERICAN/TROOPS MOVIE
    3RD STRIKE - “I DONT DO THIS ****’ DURING MY NATIONAL ANTHEM - THIS NATION MADE YOU PIG VOMITS RICH BEYOND MY DREAMS AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US. THREE STRIKES YOUR OUT! TELL PIG VOMIT HE IS FREE TO MOVE OUT OF MY COUNTRY ANYTIME HE WANTS. TRY CHINA,THEY HAVE FREE SPEACH - NOT!
    Sir,

How dare you defend this Josh Howard piece of ****. After his disrespect, at the very least, you should have transferred his ass to the Euro league. He doesn’t like America? Well screw him. I’ve been around the world, defending America. Hell, I haven’t even had the opportunity to live in my own country since 1995. I can assure you many people, with IQ’s higher than a shoe lace, would gladly trade places with this ingrate punk. As long as you protect him and make excuses for him you carry equal guilt. I would immediately have any person in my employ fired and have his security clearance yanked for expressing such an opinion. I could retire on 1/20th of this assholes salary, and all he does is play ball and trash the country which provides him the opportunity to make such a living. Send him to REALITY, where he should be; bagging groceries and/or in prison.

Tommy Lee Frederick
    Systems Technician - Warrior Training Center, U.S. Forces Korea
    Unit 15596 Camp Casey, Korea APO AP 96224-5596
    DSN 315.730.1645

COM +82.31.869.1645

EMAIL: frederickt@korea.army.mil

Date: 09/17/2008 09:34 PM

Mr. Cuban,
    Just saw your ****** Josh Howard disresepct the national anthem because he is black. According to the news you say he is a really great guy. Of course he is because he makes you lots of money you greedy b*stard.
    You would rather sell out your own country that my dead father fought for in WW II than than lose a buck by firing this black b*stard.
    You are nothing more than a ****** slave owner milking him for all his black ass can get you.
    YOU, SIR IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. YOU AND THAT ****** YOU CALL NICE.
    There’s lots of black dick on that team, get busy. White power is coming back because of race traitors like you.
    Know what you get when you cross a ****** and a white ****** lover ? a WHIGGER. THAT IS YOU !!!!
    Mark WHIGGER Cuban. A White storm is brewing Mr. Cuban, you and those ******s like you better evacuate.
    Date: 09/17/2008 08:14 PM
    You need to get rid of *****RS like Josh Howard.

Email: joejujo@yahoo.com
    Website:why on earth would you keep the piece of embarrassing ghetto trash named Josh Howard?
    I will no longer cheer for the mavs.
    Go Spurs

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Well said, buddy. If only this forum had more intelligent posters like yourself.

13. LouisianaRocket

huh, 100% of the slaves were sold. They were sold/traded from Egypt to other parts of Africa then sold/traded from Africa to America... slaves were always traded/sold since the beginning of time. Sure they might have had some just taken, but the majority of them were sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_slave_trade

14. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Member

LOL... man some of those comments on Cuban's blog are pretty intense

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Just finished reading the whole blog. We are on the floor over here in laughter. Some of those email addresses were simply classic as well as people misspelling the "N" word. I'll bet that they will have to up security at the AAC this fall when the Mavericks are playing...

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Josh:

We understand. You're tired of the national anthem. In your honor, we would like to nominate a new song to be played at every sporting event in place of the Star Spangled Banner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoFB4-5MLN0

#136 dandorotik, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

That sounded like Obama's pastor.

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Wow I havent laughed all week thanks guys. Greaaaatt thread

Imagine if this guys was an Aggie or Longhorn it'd be even more insane.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I clicked the link and read the blog. Reading some of those emails made me laugh my head off. As much as I dislike Mark Cuban, I think it's great he published their email and IP addresses. Props to him this one time.

20. LouisianaRocket

If I were a user that posted a comment on Cubans blog, and he posted my IP along with my e-mail addy. I would sue the every loving **** out of him for violation of privacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.