1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Howard continues his horrendous offseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

every time something like this happens I am reminded of the chris rock skit

ni***** VS Black People

Ni***** got to go

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

i think someone off camera said "Obama" then JHo said "Obama all that s***"

3. baller4life315

What exactly did he say about Obama? I couldn't tell. Josh could definitely be a regular on my "Professional Athlete Attempts to Speak" talk show.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

the only thing I could make out is what I wrote.

After the initial comment someone off camera said "Obama" then "Obama all that s***"

Don't ask me what that means but I just wanted to make sure people didn;t think he said "Bomb" like the guy I quoted said.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

He was trying to show support for Obama.

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Member

If Josh Howard played for the Houston Rockets, I would never go to, nor watch another game until they traded or released him. I bleed Rockets Red but if it came to that, I wouldn't have to pause to think about it.

Whichever team he is on next season will be my most hated team for the foreseeable future.

An utter Disgrace.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Only Marc Cuban would take a chance on a guy like Howard.

Good thing he's not our GM.......and Josh isn't on our team.........

8. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

He is entitled to his opinion, but we are all entitled to judge his opinion based on how stupid his statements are. He didn't do anything illegal like his speeding ticket or his mar1juana smoking claim.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's been obvious to me since he entered the NBA that he is a classless thug who happens to be good at putting a ball through a hoop.

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I dont mean to just jump on the JH hater bandwagon.

But the guy really is a first class tw@t.

11. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Member

It's not even a Race thing, as he suggests. There were plenty of Black soldiers in WWII, not to mention all conflicts since then. When we sing the national anthem before Sporting events, we are showing our respect to the men and women who keep our country safe and allow us to have the great freedoms that we have.

To say that he does not "celebrate that #### because he is black" is more insulting to Black people than it is White People. Can you imagine if you were an ancestor of a Black soldier that died while serving his country? How would that sound to you?

I was always on the fence about Mark Cuban, but if he doesn't get rid of Howard I now know where I stand. What a POS. Both of them.

There were a lot of stupid people in the video (The most stupid of which had to be the dumba$$ who posted this on youtube) but I can overlook stupid. There will always be stupid. But Josh Howard went over the line. I feel sorry for him that he isn't able to appreciate the country in which he lives.

12. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Member

I'm reading some of your posts and I realize that some of you have never had family serve in the Military, or die serving their country.

You don't understand why we sing the National Anthem, you just don't get it.

Check out these points in time and you may start to understand why -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_death_march

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrill's_Marauders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_midway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_bulge

Instances like these are why we sing the National Anthem when large crowds of Americans are gathered. It is to bring us together and help us remember those who kept our country safe and who helped maintain our way of life.

I'm not about to get in a pissing contest with people who have no concept of where they came from but I pitty those who have no sense of appreciation for sacrafices that have been made on their behalf.

13. Kwame

Kwame Member

Lol, I think I saw Mike James in the mix too. They were obviously joking around. Who really cares anyway? All of a sudden everybody's a super patriot.

What you fail to mention is that those black soldiers in WWII were not even allowed to eat or associate with white soldiers. They were completely segregated. From my understanding, European pows captured by allied forces were allowed to eat with white American soldiers even though they were the enemy. Blacks, however, had to eat in their own mess hall, which was usually pretty crappy. They also returned home to a situation where they didn't have full civil and human rights even though they were fighting to protect those rights. Not much to be proud of there.

14. kcagbor321

kcagbor321 Member

first of the people in this forum are really pissin me off.. none of yall are athletes.. most of yall didnt grow up in the hood.. yall prolly dont know half the **** this man went thru in his life and yall are just gonna come out here and hammer him cuz he doesnt love a country that speaks so much of equality but 50 years i wouldnt be goin to the same school as yall.. or whenever black people could vote they pulled every stunt in the book to try not to let black people vote.. this country is bogus and im glad josh howard was man enuff to say what he said.. hes not even a bad kid.. so what he smokes weed i play sports in college and u would be suprised of half the **** that goes on if ur harrasin this man about smokin weed and so what about drag racin.. i know its dangerous but he didnt hurt nobody.. im sick of the clutchfans people pver here an there racist comments about black people im embarrased to be a member of this forum aafter hearin half the racist **** i read every time a black person does somethin

15. kcagbor321

kcagbor321 Member

whooo i feel alot better after that rant

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

No one else does for having read it.

Some damn punctuation and f'n paragraph here and there might have kept you from sounding just as ignorant as Josh.

btw, that "rant" was not necessary. I'm black, I'm "from the hood," and I know immature stupidity when I hear it. The man is 28. He needs to grow the f up.

17. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Oh yeah everyone's a stupid racist for calling Josh Howard an idiot.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Member

[​IMG]

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

EXACTLY!

I get drunk and shoot my gun in all different directions from time to time.

I know its dangerous, but so what??!?! Ive never hurt anybody!

20. langal

langal Member

GTFO out this country then if it's so bad. You think Josh Howard could be a millionaire in any other country in the world? If he feels like he's being exploited then he's a hypocrite and should quit the NBA.

It's one think to say that there are things that need improving, it's quite another for a millionaire (who has taken every advantage of the benefits this country has to offer) so the whole thing sucks.

This "hood" thing has got to stop. I used to live in South Central Los Angeles. I didn't see any white people coming in and disenfranchising the local denizens. I didn't see any KKK killing people. Fact is, most people didn't got to the voting polls because they didn't care. And the people that were committing homicides? Well they were the locals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.