1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Freeman?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ktbballplaya, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Git it done Ricky

3. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

I think we should go after kirk cousins.. maybe trade two 2nd rounders for cousins like how we got schaub from the falcons..

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, let's dig through Tampa Bay's trash bin to find our next franchise QB.

Look, I know you guys hate Schaub, but come on.

6. Fantasma Negro

Fug yeah he's a Cam Newton clone. Greg Schiano is a moron and has no clue how to use Freeman. Freeman is mobile with a rocket arm and a high football iq. Imagine him behind Duane Brown and Brennan Williams throwing to Dre and Nook. He's having a down year because of bad coaching. Comparison Cam Newton last season to Cam newton this season. He'll get it turned around and when he does I hope its for this team. I mean who doesn't want a qb with this much swag:
    [​IMG]

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[Antec]BUT WE ALREADY HAVE THE BEST QB EVAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CASE KEENUM FOR PREZIDENTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Antec]

1 person likes this.
  8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm no fan of Schlub, but in no way would I rather have Freeman. Just no way.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Maybe in the offseason like they got Leinhart as a project but we already have two QBs more familiar with the system and the receivers.

If we cut Schaub but keep Kubiak, I can see him muscling Smith into drafting a QB or riding with the guys he has with him now and using the pick on CB to either replace Joseph of McCain with the next 1st pick.

Seriously people, all this talk of drafting or trading midseason is foolish when it comes to QBs or WRs.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Steve Young might disagree :p

11. Fantasma Negro

Anything is better than Schaub

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Either youre kidding or you dont watch football.

13. Antec

Antec Member

We already have the best qb in the nfl. Case Keenum.

14. Antec

Antec Member

If you guys don't believe in Keenum and want to Draft a qb. Let's trade Keenum for 2 future first rounders and 2 future second rounders. That's the least we can get for him.

2014 1st + 2nd
    2016 1st + 2nd

Those 4 picks = Case Keenum value.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Freeman in this offense. Mobile and strong arm.

I am 100% sure Kubiak can coach him up.

Hell, some of you people had the nerve to call a 'weak armed statue' elite. So imagine what he could do with a QB that has mobility and a strong arm.

Maybe he can:
    pump fake
    look off safeties
    throw wrs open
    play like its 'Week 3 2012' every Sunday

Only one can dream....

16. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Trading for Freeman is cost prohibitive. His salary in 2013 is $8,430,000, and it is the last year of his contract. If you trade for him, you have to pay him $495,882 per remaining week of the season. So right now he would cost another 6.446 million, which means he costs too much for the Texans right now. We would need to drop about 5 million in salary to fit him in.

If we did want to trade for him, I would suggest sending Yates out in the process. He's in the last year of his deal, and I think he peaked a season ago. He might still have some value considering his record. Plus, you can't keep 4 QBs on this team anyways, so might as well get rid of him.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They are making a desperate move they should have been able to evaluate during off or preseason. You want us to surpass their desperation?

And it's not like he'd be calling the plays.

Ridiculous idea is ridiculous.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea , the cost aspects is daunting .

What do you suppose we do? If we bring in a rookie next year or trudge along with Schaub we might as well start over.

I feel we have to keep the continuity going with a very good defense and the last remnants of Andre and Foster. Big Ben or Josh allows us to do that.

Believe it or not. The Colts are coming.

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

If you think Josh Freeman is the answer, then you're asking the wrong question.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm actually intrigued in general by Freeman because I don't think he's a lost cause, I don't think he'd work for the Texans given the financial ramifications.