1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher traded to the Grizzlies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 1, 2023.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Ime is fixing the ridiculous number of picks made. 4 in one year was silly. Jaygup and Garuba never made sense to draft when you had high picks you had to develop. Same thing for TyTy. Should have moved off those picks and kicked them into future picks.

Now we are doing things that make sense. I still think they want a starting caliber center and would expect KPJ & KJ to be the centerpiece

34to11, Hui, fckbandwagons and 3 others like this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

They used to be valuable, but now you get 19 yo talents who can’t play and are mentally weak. Their rookie scale for 1st round is higher than vet minimum, but they are worse on the court. When they develop you have to pay them more. Or, they get caught up in the numbers-game and you need to get rid of them.

It’s not only the Rockets. Look at ATL, they drafted very well, good talents but had to get rid of many: Collins, Cam Reddish, Huerter, Jalen Johnson…these are all talented picks, all gone.

Obi Tobin another example today.

rkh-dog likes this.
  3. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Whoever is crying about this just wants to complain. Josh sucks.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Still can’t believe to this day we took Garuba and JGup over Grimes. Makes me sick

RocketWalta, leebigez, ArtV and 4 others like this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not care about this try, well maybe Jalen does

mightybosstone likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Trust me, I'm having issues like everybody else. lol. Twitter is a disaster right now.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Jalen is beside himself. Driving around downtown Houston begging (thru texts) for Stone's address.

Tuckmose likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@Williamson

How does @ AlphaKaba sound (name change?)

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch better get a new server. All the upcoming appreciation threads are going to crash the darn thing.

BTW, suicide watch for @Williamson

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He got pumped and dumped

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Not gonna lie, I’m pretty sick over what Stone has done today. Christopher needed better coaching. All those young guys did. Now they’re gone before they ever had a chance to benefit from a real system. Man, **** this organization.

ArtV and Easy like this.
  13. mightybosstone

I feel bad for TyTy and Garuba, because I never felt like they were given a fair shake. KJ we at least got halfway decent value for since he's only got a year left on his contract. Christopher, though? It's been real, dude. Never really cared that much for his game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Another scrub, yet Clutchfans are all about whining like we just traded Hakeem for Elden Campbell... wtf.

34to11, B-Bob, rkh-dog and 1 other person like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why though? They were never going to get minutes next year. Tyty was about to be like 5th string PG at this point.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

According to ClutchFans: Kenyon Martin Jr, Josh Christopher, Usman Garuba, and TyTy Washington are going to be perennial all-stars that lead their teams to championships.

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith Jr, Tari Eason, Alperen Sengun, Amen Thompson and Cam Whitmore are just smokescreens. That’s what I gather.

Truthfully, we were lucky to get more than a bag of Doritos and a used condom out of the first group. Somehow we’re signing vets without giving up any of our young core and still have a chunk of cap space to make moves. Dillon Brooks annoys me and Landale is a head-scratcher but Jock only has one year guaranteed and FVV’s contract is TO third year. I’m not joking when I say that Stone is doing a good job so far. Eager to see how it ends up after the dust settles

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I know we’re not crying over a megascrub like Josh Christopher…

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

Rokman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Landry's Tooth

American pride month is here!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean its clear what they are doing. They've decided their young core, Jabari, Sengun, Green, and maybe Amen and Whitmore, need vets around them. Not other young players who come in the game fully committed to getting their own to prove they belong in the league.

Like our entire team was below the age of 23 outside of like Boban or something.

I don't know how many games this team will win, maybe around 30 or so barring some breakout from one of our young guys but I do know they will at least not look like a rec league team.

34to11, AroundTheWorld, B-Bob and 2 others like this.