1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher to the G League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Happy Birthday!

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Take Nix with you.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn

How u got your own clothing line, and you’re getting demoted to the G-League?

4. mightybosstone

At least he'll be getting minutes there. Although I'm still really skeptical about his long-term potential, the lack of playing time for a first round pick from last season is a little crazy for me. I don't know that he's any better than Nix right now, necessarily, but you can't tell me that Nix has played so well that Christopher doesn't deserve to be getting some of those minutes. Nix sucks, and everyone but Silas, Stone and Nix knows it.

Gun to my head, though, if I had to pick between TyTy and JC, I'd rather TyTy be getting NBA minutes right now. Ideally, he'd be the backup point guard over Nix here pretty quick and maybe even the guy to get the starting job in the long-term. I don't know if there is a true future starting point guard on this roster right now, but if we have one, it's TyTy.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I know guys with their own drop shipped clothing lines doing much worse then millionaire 21 year old Christopher

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's funny because I was a soft "out" on Christopher to start the year but now that he's been benched so much I feel sorry for him and want him to get some playing time. I don't know if he will be better than TyTy, but I know I'd rather see Christopher in a game than Nix.

Mathloom, clos4life, fattz and 7 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Another player that Silas has mismanaged.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Welfare check on @Williamson

How tf does Nix get PT over TyTy and JC??? We can’t be watching the same thing.

When Tate comes back this type of BS will only get worse.

slothy420, Easy, Dopamine and 14 others like this.
  9. a time to chill

I'm genuinely upset. This makes no sense. Especially when Nix and Mathews haven't played all that well enough to diminish Josh Christopher's playing time. Why are the Rockets investing more in the development of undrafted G League developmental prospects instead of someone they have spent a first-round draft pick on? Josh Christopher clearly has a higher talent ceiling.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

• Will Josh get significant minutes down there.
    • Is this because KPJ is the 'architect', JGup and Green are close, but KPJ wants to be the remaining twin. (kidding)

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

If Stone wanted JC to be a regular in the rotation, could he not force it to happen? Instead he’s getting sent down to the G-League

If Stone disagrees with what Silas is doing, how come we never hear about it?

slothy420, clos4life, maypk and 5 others like this.
  12. a time to chill

It's moves like this that should make Adam Silver curious and investigate the Rockets org for deliberate tanking. It seems like we deliberately hold back our players that are ready to take on more work...E. Gordon taking up a starting roster spot, Paying John Wall not to play, limiting KJ Martin's playing time last year, Having Sengun come off the bench to begin the year, Making JC take a back seat to Nix and Mathews. What is the plan???

clos4life, Imanimal and aaquaa like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why do we have Nix still

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets chose to hoard shooting guards and now they can't play them all.

Eric Gordon is still on the team for some reason, and Nix is getting regular minutes..also for unknown reasons

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

people talk about Silas all day, but somebody hired him, and somebody seems to have no problem with what he’s been doing…makes it look like they’re actually in lockstep

Why is he hoarding EG? Why won’t he force Silas to give JC minutes? Instead, he’s gonna send him down to the G-League.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Christopher's playing time is getting destroyed by still having Eric Gordon on the team. This is a failure of Rafael Stone, unfortunately. Gordon should have been moved a long time ago!

Bo6, CVcrew, Ancient Moabite and 5 others like this.
  17. a time to chill

Even with Gordon on the team, Josh Christopher could still play a bench role. The Rockets have chosen to prioritize the development of Nix and Mathews. Silas said that he told Christopher he would have a smaller role because he wanted to experiment with lineups. We've seen enough of Nix and Mathews. How much more data do the Rockets need? Christopher should be getting their playing time.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can we please get rid of Nix and trade Ego. There you go, now you can slot TyTy and Christopher into the lineup.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

EG isn’t even really affecting JC’s minutes, he’s mainly affecting Tari’s

Chips and Gary are the ones who need to go for JC

Stone really said Chips is a lottery talent…he must’ve been smoking some sort of magical mystical blunt to ever utter such a sentence

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m one of the rare ones who likes Nix. While he’s admittedly not very good, he’s probably the closest thing to an actual point guard they have, and he could be an interesting size matchup problem one day for the league if he can continue to develop. Having said that, it’s like someone said before, this team has too many guards and guys with similar skill sets. Christopher deserves more playing time here, but he’s simply not going to get it until Stone cleans up this terribly unbalanced mess of a roster.

gfab-babyboi and DaDakota like this.