1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan lucky to miss Dream 93-95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moses, Jan 2, 2000.

1. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I agree with the OP wholeheartedly. I too really resent the notion that the Rockets won 2 rings solely because Jordan retired.

Houston won 2 championships because Hakeem was awesome, Horry was clutch, Nick Anderson choked and Jordan had a gambling problem.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Way early in his career

92 to 95 dream

Purest rocket ever

Caesar likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Eaton's height and length hindered Olajuwon's production. His pump fakes weren't as effective because Mark could contest shots without really jumping.

Every pure fan already knows that.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In a One on One Game between Hakeem Olajuwon vs Michael Jordan. Hakeem would dominate no doubt.
    Hakeem had speed, quickness as a quicker guard and can shot block. Plus he has great ball handling skills a crossover, post moves, pump fakes, length, quickness in shot blocking. Michael Jordan has never been a 3 point shooter, so that's is his weakness in a one on one game against Hakeem, Michael would tire out easily against Hakeem, Hakeem always had a Killer Instinct like Michael.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

It was way early in his career
    Every fan knows that

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

While I think the Rockets would win a series, I won’t go so far as to say Dream would dominate a one-on-one game with MJ. It would be fun to watch but I don’t think either guy would dominate in that situation. Plus, a lot of what you say is either exaggerated or wrong. Dream had great handles... for a center. As a guard, not so much. And ask Portland Drexler about MJ’s 3 point weakness. Not to mention Jordan never tired easily.

tinman and Caesar like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Way early meaning ten years. Okay man.

Purely unpure

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I remember Rox scaring Jordan into retirement because he wanted to avoid the Rox and only came back when Rox got older but it was still too early and Shaq whooped him. That's how I remember it happening and no one will tell me different.

Rock Block likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, the OP's signature is worth a "like" all by itself. Check it out! :cool:

topfive and Houstunna like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Kidd

Yeah, Eaton left the league in 1993.

He gave him problems like a yellow light while driving a McClaren

yeah lots of problems like 48% 23 points and 13 boards
    Code:

Player             G  W  L GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
    Hakeem Olajuwon   46 24 22 45 37.5 9.1 18.9 .479 0.0 0.1 .000 5.2 7.8 .672 4.8 8.1 12.9 2.1 2.4 4.0 3.2 3.9 23.3
    Mark Eaton        46 22 24 46 32.1 2.7  5.7 .462 0.0      0.0 1.5 2.2 .670 2.6 5.7  8.2 0.7 0.5 3.8 1.7 3.7  6.8

Provided by [url=https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]Basketball-Reference.com[/url]: [url=https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Hakeem+Olajuwon&player_id1_select=Hakeem+Olajuwon&player_id1=olajuha01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Mark+Eaton&player_id2_select=Mark+Eaton&player_id2=eatonma01&idx=players&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#stats]View Original Table[/url]
    Generated 12/3/2018.

11. wesbound

wesbound Member

I love the Rockets & am a big Rockets fan...
    but stop it with this... lol

There's no doubt that the Hakeem is amazing! But that was just a Jordan era that 29 other teams happened to play in.

THEGLIDEc likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

that would had been once in a century kinda match up...too bad we never got a chance to watch...i think it goes to 7 games

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dream lucky to have missed prime Tony Brothers.