1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Hill vs Samuel Dalembert & Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 17, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Per 36
    Sammy D this season: 11.9pts 11.2rbds 2.8blk 0.9ast 1.0stl
    Career Best seasons: 12.5pts 13.8rbds 2.8blk 1.2ast 1.2stl

Jordan Hill this season: 12.4pts 11.9rbds 1.6blk 1.1ast 0.7stl
    Career best seasons: 14.2pts 11.9rbds 1.7blks 1.3ast 1.4stl

Patrick Patterson this: 11.6pts 6.9rbds 0.9blks 1.1ast 0.7stl
    Career best seasons: 13.6pts 8.3rbds 1.5blks 1.7ast 0.7Stl

As you can see the stats for Jordan Hill per 36mins are on par with those of Sammy D & overshadow Patrick Patterson's stats.

For all the hate that ya'll levelled at him, he did produce when given the opportunity...and had worked hard over the break to add that 15 foot jumper to his growing repertoire.

I hope Fisher fails his physical and we send him and the worthless 'top 20 protected for 5 years' pick back to LA.

I'd rather have Jordan on the bench than have Fisher collecting Rocket money.

Terrible trade in my opinion.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A late first round pick isn't worthless. The Rockets usually get pretty good value at that position. Hill wasn't part of the future, and he wasn't going to be a factor this season with Dalembert, Camby, Scola, and Patterson.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

patrick missed a lot of time and had to get back in shape after the season already started while recovering from an ankle injury

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

What part of "unrestricted free agent" is so difficult to understand? Hill was gone after this season.

Yeah, he was a good rebounder, but he was bad defensively, especially at the 5. He was a very one-dimensional player.

Patterson is under long-term contract and is a much better fundamental defensive player. Dalembert is also a much better defensive player than Hill, and brings a lot more blocks, too.

5. IzakDavid13

[​IMG]

He looked very unhappy at the Lakers press conference.

With Kobe driving and dishing he will beast in LA.

6. IzakDavid13

A 5 year top 20 protected pick.

Just venting, I liked the guy and wanted to see him succeed in a Rockets uniform, plus Fisher....I can't go there, if you haven't got something nice etc.

7. gah

gah Member

It seems you're more heartbroken than your little girl man. It would surprise me a lot if Jordan gets significant time this year. He's NBA quality though and will get better, his best case scenario is going to a rebuilding team or an old man replacement where he won't be in a short leash.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

im really sorry that he was traded. but it happened
    get over it man.

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

dude cmon, daryl morey is the best at drafting players from that position.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm expecting Hill to play pretty well in LA considering most of the time he'll be occupying the PF position.

11. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I never understood why we didnt pick up his option. His salary would have been less than what we paid fisher not to play here.

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Well it's funny though, he really excelled at the PF position because he had height and he's athletic. Only knock against him was that he lacked passion and drive to play during the entire time he was here. Sucked though, I really liked his game and he didn't act out openly against not getting minutes in games like Twill did.

We really needed a center and with Camby and Dalembert, we have Patterson/Scola still at the 4, was Hill going to rot on the bench and then resign with us cheap for next year to get to play behind more people? Not very likely I'm sure. I think he'll work out on a lottery team and I hope he does. Once he figures it out again and is able to play as a 4 and not a 5 he's going to beast it up again. Anyways we got value for him instead letting him walk and I doubt Fisher will ever play a minute as a Rocket so the protected pick is going to help out plenty if Dallas ends up giving us the pick, we might still get value out of the NY pick too. Who knows, we'll see right?

14. IzakDavid13

It really hit home when I fired up 2k12 this morning and she came in and said, 'There's Jordan Hill! Show me T-Will...'

I truly believe that we didn't get full value for him in that trade.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

(a) Fisher's was an option, so won't count a cent against the cap next season.

(b) We don't know how much Fisher got paid out. Paying someone out at the full amount of their salary would only ever happen if they were determined to keep turning up etc etc. The fact Fisher sulked and never showed might just suggest he took less than the full quid.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

For a guy who does not really know how to play, he was pretty solid. He is a nice energy guy but not much more.He is replaceable. I doubt anybody else would give up a 1st for him (though the 1st was probably more to get rid of Fish).

But that being said, I would MUCH RATHER have Camby in the rotation. Unlike Hill, Camby knows what he is doing out there.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Kobe only drives and shoots. With Kobe he will shrink in LA.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I liked hill of all the 09ers and wanted him to stay with us. He is a double double waiting to happen

19. VBG

VBG Member

So yeah, I think Dalembert is more important to Houston than Jordan Hill

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Jordan Hill is a horrible player. Thank god he is gone.