1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Farmar has torn meniscus

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wireonfire, Dec 20, 2008.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

2. mazyar

mazyar Member

Bad news for any Lakers fan. He really had an explosive jump. Hope he doesn't lose any of his athleticism when he recovers.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a key injury. Fisher will have to play more minutes and I'm thinking Sasha might move over to PG for their 2nd unit to soak up the rest. Depending how serious this is, the Lakers could be really messed up. Derek Fisher is a weak starter and they depend on Farmar's energy off the bench. If he's out a couple of months and doesn't return to form this season, the Lakers are in a bind. If he only misses 2-3 weeks, no big deal.

Sun Yue is nowhere near ready to play NBA basketball with games still in doubt.

Maybe Jannero Pargo?

4. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

It just said torn from the front of Clutch BBS, I thought it was going to say Torn ACL.

But I even reading it, I thought it could've been a long injury, it's only short.

5. uci

uci Member

now, even though i am a laker fan, i can't help but to wish sasha and luke get injured, and Sun yue can finally prove himself

6. FFz

FFz Member

now all sun needs is for kobe, sasha, fisher, and ariza to get injured and he might get some PT.

7. Asian Sensation

Jordan Farmar has been a worthless sac so far this year. I thought he was going to continue to improve from last year and have a breakout year.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8DJAACJqcs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8DJAACJqcs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Talk about out of place.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Based on the first few minutes tonight, Kobe looks like he's going to take over and make sure the Lakers don't lose.

9. adoo

adoo Member

that's blasphemy, Sun Yue has already proven that he is not ready.

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

rofl. same feeling i had. everyone must've been thinking why the hell is that kid here. his dad must've done the commercial.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Sun Yue sucks by NBA standards.

I honestly think the only reason they picked him up was to generate more interest from the Asian community, i.e., the Yao Ming effect.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree 100%.

13. adoo

adoo Member

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Well,even though Kobe stepped up to fill the gap,they still can't get over the Magic. One man team cannot go anywhere despite his 41 points.

15. Splash

Splash Member

I don't think you're going to find much sympathy from Rockets fans. Lakers were pretty much all engines go until this.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

they had Odom bringing up the ball on some plays. I bet the Lakers talk to Marbury about a spot.

17. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

The notion that the Lakers would simply pick up Sun to seize on the Chinese market is just plain invalid. The lakers are already incredibly successful in China because of Kobe, and with league-wide revenue sharing they will not see any advantage from any Sun merchandises...IF there were any.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

There is always more money to be made. Sun Yue sucks.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK, fine. Then why is Sun Yue on their roster? He is a complete zero.

20. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

Perhaps the Lakers see Sun Yee as a developmental project who can learn while still staying on an NBA roster. A lot of big men get drafted as major projects. But because Sun Yee is an import, I don't think they are going to send him to the D-League.