1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joran Van Der Sloot wanted for murder again, Interpol issues arrest warrant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but his lawyer's a genius

2. raj87

raj87 Member

Absolutely. And I can envision a "Patrick Bateman" lifestyle leading up to this moment.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't over think it. He's a sociopath.

Maybe she looked him up on the internet. Or maybe she just changed the channel to Grey's Anatomy.

But I'm wondering, is his father just giving him all this money for him to jet around to different countries to party?

4. updawg

updawg Member

I think his dad passed away a few years ago. I guess the family had some money to defend him and let him travel around, etc.

The guy is psycho and supposedly peruvian jails are not good. so he will be getting his payback. They may use the jail situation to try and get information about the natalee case as well.

I also saw a story that says he has been trying to extort money from natalee's parents saying he will tell them where the body is for $$$. Never underestood why he wasn't arrested for this

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The FBI basically funded his trip to Peru and failed to arrest him in a timely manner after the rigged payoff to Joran in exchange for information on Holloway's body location and what happened to her (which he gave them a bogus lie after getting the money). Something like three or four days passed between the payoff and him leaving for his trip from Aruba.

If you ask me, then the FBI shares some blame in this for not moving quickly enough in arresting him. That young lady would still be alive. I guess they didn't think that time was of the essence but when you are dealing with a murdering liar...then the potential is there for him to kill again given the opportunity (or when the mood suits him I should say). And, that is what happened.

Just unbelievable that they let him go on that trip.

2 people like this.
  6. codell

codell Contributing Member

I don't believe the FBI has jurisdiction to arrest someone in another country.

7. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

According to a co-worker who recently moved here from Venezuela.......Peru is one place is South America where you DO NOT want to commit crimes.

He says sometimes the common people will get to you before the police. They will force you to dig 2 graves, one for the person you killed and one for yourself. They will then proceed to bury you in it......alive.

He will not survive the entire 35 year sentence. This fool is going to get dealt with

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That's a good thing...he deserves everything that's coming to him...

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Especially if your a white boy that killed the daughter of a national celeb.

I'm curious to know what the Pervian po po used to break him down so fast....plastic bag over the head? Shock therapy?

10. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Exactly.

I am curious as to how they got the confession too.....no way he just gave himself up out of the goodness of his heart. Chinese/Peruvian water torture??

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Aruba authorities were talking to them...even as far as telling them he was leaving for Peru. He could have been taken into custody and extradited...but the FBI didn't have their arrest warrant ready. Natalie's Mom was said to be mad they let him go.

12. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

ever seen locked up abroad?

13. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Negative

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The maximum sentence for murder in Peru is 30 years? WTF?

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a piece of crap

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Sociopath gets what sociopath deserves.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Sad part is we never would have heard of him had Natalee not been hot. Would anyone have cared if she looked like this?[​IMG]

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Spoiler that huge pic :)

He probably won't make it through the sentence but who knows what he'll do to garner protection. Yes, I've seen too many prison movies.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

White girl, foreign country; of course we would have heard of it, made jokes and then had a genuinely healthy national debate about body-image.