1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jonathan Givony] Rockets trying to trade up in the draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 26, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How is drafting Beal, rebuilding? He's projected to be one of the best players in the draft who could turn out to be a superstar. He could be Brandon Roy's replacement. That's only one pick for one spot. I'd say the same for Barnes and Drummond. Moreover, they may trade up in the draft to get Beal, while they have no reasons to trade that pick before draft night because they might see the player that they like on the board. There are too many talented to players pass up in this draft.

There's also a chance that they may not resign Batum, because of his asking price and he doesn't seem like he wants to be with the Blazers.

With Lowry, the Blazers won't be that much better, slightly. He's not going to make them a contender. Beal may not either, but he has to the potential to. With all the recent hoopla about Lowry, you have to wonder is he going to bring the same trouble that Felton and Crawford did. They do not need a slightly above average player being diva, right now. Speaking of which, what if they like Dragic, Lin, or Nash more so. He is cheaper, but can help get this team so more wins and turn them into a perennial playoff team who can go deep into playoffs. He's not that kind of playmaker, he's just solid. Fans will come and watch Nash and Lin, maybe Dragic. Fans aren't going to come and watch Kyle Lowry. It's not as rash, as you think it should.

You have to see that difference.

Most of all, you keep talking about their organization, not wanting to rebuild through the draft. They have no vision right now, because they have no GM. at this point.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rail-blazers-must-hire-a-gm-by-the-end-of-may

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

10th time. Only took a minute.

3. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Trade Lowry, Martin, Dalembert for Blazers 6th pick and their 2nd round pick. Then, Draft beal at 6th, Kendall Marshall at 14th, Arnett Moultrie at 16th. Trade Scola for the Celtics pick(23rd). Draft Jeffery Taylor. Morey will work his 2nd round magic. Re-sign Dragic and let Lee go.

PG- Goran Dragic/Kendall Marshall
    SG- Bradley Beal/Jeffery Taylor
    SF- Chandler Parsons/Marcus Morris
    PF- Donatas Motijunas/Arnett Moultrie/Patrick Patterson
    C- Marcus Camby/Greg Smith/(2nd round center, traded player , FA)

4. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Or draft a center like Leonard instead of Taylor and re-sign Lee

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

After seeing people write about Beal going to Portland (or whoever they trade the pick to) at #6 for about the 20th time, I thought I should point out that Beal will likely be off the board before the sixth pick. He could go as high as #2 overall, and most mock drafts have him firmly in the top 5 picks.

6. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yea based on talent I agree. But, he doesn't fit well with any of the higher teams except Cleveland. I think that Cleveland will pick Drummond though. Wizards will pick MKG, Cleveland picks Drummond, NO has Gordon, so they'll pick Robinson,Sacramento will pick Barnes. I think then we can get Beal. Just my 2 cents.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

R u sure CLE no pick Moultrie? I really like his shooting form. Can he play center?

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He needs to add strength to be able to bang inside vs. legit NBA centers, right now they'd push him around.
    Also needs to work on his post-moves and footwork, has no real move in the paint. He could score a lot in college because of his size and athleticsm, but that won't work in the NBA.
    He averaged under 1 block per game, that would be a problem for his team at the next level if he tries to play center. I don't see it happen though as he actually played SF for a long time and some consider him a tweener between 3 and 4.

Think he will turn out to be a solid PF in this league.

That's why I don't really see Cleveland picking him. Tristan is their man at 4 right now and they need a SG, SF or C to make the next step.

9. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Moultrie wont be picked that high. I am very high, and I hope we could pick him up at 14 or 16 if we can hang on to our picks. Most sites have him at 16-22

10. Garner

Garner Member

You are assuming that will be the draft order (it will not be)

11. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Yes, yes true. This is all hypothetical.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They have the 24th pick in draft, so they could draft him there. The Cavs also could move up, since they own two consecutive picks in the 2nd round (#33,#34).

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I've actually thought about the possibility of trading down with Cleveland for #24 and one or both of those second rounders, but only if there are some good pick-and-stash prospects or perhaps even to in turn trade for future picks.

14. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

That's why we pick him with our 16th pick.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Draft Austin Rivers, ransom him for 21st and 22nd! Get White and. Fournier!

16. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

We might be trying to trade up so we can package our picks and players for a d.howard or something

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

What about Jeff Taylor though? He'll be a star! And what about Kyle O'Quinn? We need to trade everybody and draft 15 new players. This draft is 60 deep. Lots of stars!

Signed coachbadlee :p

18. 713

713 Member

man this draft is 64 players deep. we need to draft back and acquire more draft picks.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At 220, he shouldn't.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stars, stars!!! I see lots and lots of stars!!!! Hahahahahaahaaa!!! Stop.:rolleyes: