1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonas Valanciunas' monster dunk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DonatasFanboy, Oct 17, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oy7Ex3bi6Gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

^ so far, this preseason is awesome is you enjoy post players. youngsters rocking.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Valanciunas looking much more mobile than D-Mo.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

WoW. That was sick.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've watched several highlight videos of Valanciunas and I had no idea he could do something like that. I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about that Raptors draft pick.

At least it looks like the Rockets identified the right trade-up target, as they usually do. The Cavs do not look smart passing up on JV.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great dunk for an Euro. Meh. :p

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Wow, for someone his size, that was incredible. I had no idea he was that explosive.

8. Mariachi ROCKET

Man oh man! What a sledge hammer!

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

RIP Good Toronto Pick :(

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Hope they sneak into the playoffs for a couple years, then fall off.:grin:

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What history tell us about the Toronto Raptors?

At some point between next Summer and 2018, the Raptors are going to miss the playoffs, and have a lottery pick.

The value of that pick (for the Rockets or the team trading for that pick) will come in February one of those seasons when it looks like the Raptors are for sure going to be in the playoffs.

Either way, even if worst case scenario(Raptors miss the playoffs barely) is the Rockets end up with the 14th pick in the 2013 draft, Kyle Lowry for that pick might still be a fair trade given the Rockets situation.

-That being said Valanciunas is going to make some GM's look bad for not taking him in last years draft this year. Let's hope our Lithuanian 7 footer makes every other GM in the league look bad as well even though it wont be because of nasty dunks, but elite footwork, and post moves.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Somewhere, OHMSS has a stiffy.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i see two steps after he gathered.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure if he traveled or not, but I couldn't stop staring at the two post players for Washington letting him waltz his way to an open look dunk.

I love Valanciunas' potential, but even Hasheem Thabeet could probably throw down a nasty dunk like that if he was that wide open, and managed to not trip over his own two feet first.

16. ashiin

ashiin Member

If everything pans out, Raptors could get scary really quickly. Boooooo

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

that's the benefit of playing with Bargnani. Vesely was hesitant to leave Bargnani wide open behind the 3 pt line until it was too late.
    And the other guy is Martell Webster i think, he's a good wing defender but not much he could do there.

JV and Bargnani could be a nice fit on both ends of the court. That said, he's got a way to go before his low post game becomes reliable, it will probably take years.

i think they've set their ceiling at 45-50 wins max. If they were more patient, took a risk on Drummond, kept the pick and semi-tanked another year.... then it could get interesting.

But that's what happens when you are owned by media companies and Nielsen ratings are your priority.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This. We really need to get a top 5 pick. Cousins, Jonas, Rubio. All guys Morey tried to trade for, who dropped in the draft, and will very likely prove they should have gone as high as number 2.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Anyone watch the game? How did Lowry look?

20. Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Member