1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jon Barry is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, May 15, 2015.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This jackass is on Mike and Mike now. Of course it's all about the clippers.

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Jon Barry's the type of guy that'll eat a hot dog with his eyes open

1 person likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What are Jon's issues I wonder.

Did his wife leave for another teammate (no pun. Lmao)?

4. MissouriRocket

Guy was a spare NBA player.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lmao man. This is pretty funny

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are getting bent out of shape over nothing. The guy isn't a Rocket's hater, he's just a hater in general and should be ignored faster than ATW:

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/an-intervention-for-jon-barry-the-nbas-worst-commentator

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

rockets b**** about the media more than any fan base. its embarrassing.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol yup. Who cares? Such woman type behavior. man up!

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

i just listen to him on 790, he seemed fair and we must remember that this was a national broadcast. Clipper's fans thought he was a Houston homer on the broadcast as well.

Listen to him again on game 6, he said that he and Tirico were shocked by the Clippers collapse and that Doc didn't foul Dwight to stop our momentum.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Not really, he's doing his job of a national broadcast. Not a clyde, bill and matt broadcast. Come on, the hate we spew makes us real juvenile.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We have one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history and this is what is getting our attention? We are Clutch City, let's stay classy and move on

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

He was just on 790 this morning, said the clippers fans said the same about him.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

We know he is lying cause there is no such thing as a Clippers fan.

1 person likes this.
  14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But the hate for Jon Barry is not over just Game 6. It's been going on all year. He really does seem to have a dislike for the Rockets that's clearly evident in his broadcasts. It's an unpleasant experience to listen to him call a game on ESPN.

I listened to most of his interview on 790 this morning and while I'm sure he was tired, it also sounded like he just wasn't all that excited to be talking about the Rockets. Which is fine. He doesn't have to be a fan of the team. But I just wish he could come off as more professional and unbiased on the actual broadcasts.

Hell, even Barkley for all his b-tching over the Rockets and the $3 million they allegedly owe him will throw a compliment or two their way when they play well(see Game 2 vs the Mavs).

15. ibm

ibm Member

true. maybe outside of billy crystal. lol.

dont mind barry too much. we've got jvg for the entire wfc's!

16. Cypress

Cypress Member

Those salty Jon Barry tears goes well with a t bone steak.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's not that he's biased (well for the warriors he is), it's just that he's ****

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Not even an in-the-tank homer of the Clippers thought he was pro-Rocket.

The deep sighs...

The disheartened..."wow"(s).....

At least Tirico put in the professional effort. Color commentary isn't even the hard part man, all you gotta do is just fill in the blanks when the play-by-play guy needs some water or air.

MT: JOSH SMITH...FOR 3???? YESS!!!!!

JB:...........wow.................

I don't buy it. I don't buy Clippers having fans or that they thought he was ragging on them. I don't buy that he didn't lose money. He couldn't even get through that radio spot this morning without sounding like a grump oh it's the morning is it well I guess we'll just have to ask you later. Days later. Weeks even...

Not picking the Rockets this series either huh? Blowhard.

19. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I was on the road, so I listened to the game on BSPN radio, and he and some other douche were commentating.

Remember all that lack of color during the game 6 comeback, when we heard maybe 50 words from him total? Well, there was plenty of endless explanation as to "in order to get back in this game, the clippers have to..." and "Keep chipping away...", "lot of time left, stranger things have happened" in the fourth after every clippers basket. You could almost taste the hope in his voice.

His partner - I don't know who it was - was even worse. The crowning moment was when Trever iced the game with the 3. The dude's commentary: "Ariza, for 3. Ballgame." Delivered with all the enthusiasm of someone on his way to the dentist. And this after his palpable and rising excitement every time the clippers chipped away at the lead.

Granted, it was radio, so Barry had to speak more, but still. What a couple of douchebags.

20. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That is just so he can make sure his nose doesn't get in the way.