1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

john wall

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaoMing#1, Jul 12, 2010.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I didn't see it posted so if it is please lock it up. John wall played his first summer league game dropping 24 points and 8 assists the one downside to this was he had 8 turnovers. Now I'm a big wall fan and really hope he does well which I think he will but if he can't cut the turnovers down he might not be able to stay on the court. The only reason why I ask this is because this was the main concern coming into the draft other than his jump shot. So the question I ask is how good of a pg can john wall be from this season on?

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I see steve francis v.2

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

coach cassell is working with him, he won't suck.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wall is quicker than Francis ever was and has better court vision.

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

last year everyone was talkin about tyreke. i thought tyreke was more of a francis 2.0. i think Wall is the real deal. this guy is going to be a HOFer.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

turnovers, while a concern, are kind of like that one negative during summer league you can live with. keep in mind, he's barely played with any of these guys, barely payed in the system - to the extent there even is one, most of the players are trying to impress to make squads, etc. and generally turnovers are something you can cut down on very quickly.

whereas if he was just a consistently poor shooter, or didn't really have good court vision, that'd be an issue.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wall is a better passer than people think. I don't get why people get the notion he is a shoot first pg.

There were times at UK were I got frustrated because he was too passive early on.

8. Tesla

Tesla Member

It's one summer league game in which he was obviously slightly anxious, you can't seriously draw any conclusions from the amount of turnovers he had.

9. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Sure you can. Look at the entire year against college defenses in which he had a lot of turnovers.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I saw Coach Cassell giving Wall pointers and immediately felt Wall was in good hands. Its hard to think of anyone better in that kind of supporting role for him. Mark Jackson is considered a head coaching candidate, and I dont even know if I'd trust him more for a YOUNG player than Cassell.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He looked very good to me considering it was his first summer league game. He's got a lot to learn but this guy has a great career ahead of him.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn I almost forgot about him with the whole "Bosh and co" superteam.

I wished Wall would've been in the West. In the West he'd get to play against Nash, DWill, Parker, Billups, Curry, Kidd, Paul, and Brooks more often. They're a much better match up to watch IMO.

The East has Rondo and Rose, and maybe Jennings. But that's it.

13. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

looks like a superstar in the making. book it. :grin:

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Somebody remind me when CP3 and Wall play against each other. I want to see the vapor trails on the court. :grin:

15. Shroopy2

Get wit it
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/meYIbAt2iaQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/meYIbAt2iaQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    :rolleyes:

#15 Shroopy2, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  16. Shroopy2

full debut highlights. Already looking to establish some CP3/Chandler type chemistry with JaVale McGee

(the watermark goes away...)
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/umpjazpktN0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/umpjazpktN0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Just took an ugly fall. Ex UK teammate Bledsoe landed on his head. He's alright though.

18. thametall89

thametall89 Member

Wall's speed is unreal, I think he could be better than drose was as a rookie for the simple fact that he's a much better shooter coming out. If he can get to the line consistently, he's gonna have a great season.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Might want to reconsider negative talk about his jumpshot. He's been showing promise from the perimeter in this game against the Clips.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm just about ready to hand Wall my Rookie of the Year ballot. His speed is inhuman. He will be a terror on the break. Flip Saunders must emphasize that heavily this season and make sure the other players hustle and fill the lanes.

The biggest question mark for me about Wall is half-court offense. I think he will be fine.