1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

John Wall opens up about his time in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If that's true, then sounds like he is the perfect person to listen to when talking about KPJ and Green.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can think of 100+ million reasons you are wrong.

jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If the Rockets don’t make some major changes this off season I highly doubt they will make the playoffs.

It’s hard to go from being this bad in so many facets to suddenly making the playoffs.

Worst team in the nba for three straight years isn’t going to just flip a switch and learn to win games. At least not enough to get into the playoffs.

Rockets are going to need a new coach and a serious infusion of talent to even come close to making the playoffs.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If tonight doesn't prove to you that these guys can't just "lose organically" rather than intentionally lose nothing will.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

“What John Wall went through here, and the situation that happened, was unprecedented,” Silas said. “There was gonna be no easy way for it to go down. There's gonna be no happiness on either side. We tried to make it as good as possible for him as an organization. Obviously, the organization decided that the rebuild was going to be underway and talked to John about it. I had multiple conversations with John about it and came to the conclusion that him not playing would be the solution.”

Silas confirmed that he asked Wall to work out prior to practices and not join the team for them. That would allow more practice reps for younger guards, including Green and Kevin Porter Jr.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...john-wall-stephen-silas-responds-17726567.php

Silas and Feigen protecting Stone here.

foh and Easy like this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

While I don’t doubt things are chaotic with the team, washed John Wall throwing strays at his former teammates like he’s prime Kobe Bryant isn’t a good look.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's incredible, Stephen dude is living in his own NBA mind bubble.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

John Wall is a joke. I didn’t see Mia Khalifa at a single game.

foh and BigShasta like this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Wall is giving HIS prospective; so there is truth to him. I think Wall gives some validity to what is going on here. Take out all the feelings and understand he doesn’t benefit from sharing his statements. I am sure he is trying to justify his involvement but even then when fact checked his statements remained truthful.

FarmerFish likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Wall is a five time all star making 45 million this year off this clown organization….he has no reason whatsoever to lie. He is speaking truth and should be appreciated for it rather than slammed by the same people who slam me for telling the truth. Sad state of affairs in Houston.

fattz and Yung-T like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, I know you did not say that my beef is with the people who are saying that and my point about Alexander is that we would probably bee right with OKC if we had a guy like Alexander which is a bad look by Stone.

I think all of this culture stuff is overblown because until recently the entire team was at the very least giving good effort and being competitive, I always knew there would be a breaking point with a rookie coach and the front office pulling the strings.

Nook likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

His statements are more opinions than facts so how can they remain truthful and what are you basing that they are truthful on?

He does benefit because now people will listen to this podcast, and he will be asked about this more and more.

#394 jiggyfly, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

OOPs.

I will just show myself out:oops:

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Let me get this right, you are knocking Silas because Wall got benched and it wasn't Silas' idea, even though Wall was indeed benched? Hysterical. Facts and outcomes are irrelevant in your world, huh? The personality reigns supreme! lol

Besides, how do you know Silas didn't make that suggestion to Stone in confidence. The ol good/bad cop ploy?

My complaint isn't that Wall was benched. My complaint is that they let a 20ppg PG walk for nothing in return. That is on Stone, not Silas. As a GM, taking on untradable assets is a failure. He screwed the pooch on that one.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What i was saying was that if it is true that Silas wanted to play Wall and had to have Stone tell him no, it's a sign of Silas' incompetence.

You simply citing his PPG and ignoring the embarrassing fashion those 20 points were scored is not a great look.

John Wall has no value as a basketball player. None.

The Wall trade was a desperation move to try to keep Harden, it failed.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Wall was acquired by trading Westbrook who was an even worse asset. Stone inherited the Westbrook/Wall problem. Everybody knew that Westbrook and Wall were as untradeable as it could be.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He didn't inherit it per se because he was already on Morey's team, he just got promoted to deal with it.

He knew full well of the inner workings and that Tilman was a penny pincher.

Yes, at that time he would have gotten 'over the hill' 'complaining' players.

20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Some of ya’ll are ridiculous.

Who cares if John Wall is washed up? Who cares if he got paid to stay home? Who cares if it was the right/wrong decision to bench him for KPJ?

He was ON THE TEAM. We’re getting information directly from the source. He’s giving public insight into our dysfunctional organization — something that our own reporters fail to do. Give Wall respect and appreciate he’s spilling secrets. Because if not for him speaking out, this would all get swept under the rug and Stone will continue to hide behind Silas like the coward he is. This puts pressure on the organization and I’m happy the national media is catching on.