1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall opens up about his time in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Some wild stuff in here about the organization. Things most of us pretty much knew, but confirmed:

— Loss 20 in a row, tanking, trying to lose on purpose
    — The things the rookies were getting away with, on any other team, they would be out of the league
    —Wall was willing to come off the bench, but wanted KPJ to earn it
    — Silas told Wall he didn’t deserve this, but it’s what the front office wanted
    — Stone didn’t want Wall around the players, had to practice alone at the facility

#1 Mr Woods, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  2. maypk

maypk Member

0:27. lmao

pr0wler, Nook, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

5. i3artow i3aller

#5 i3artow i3aller, Jan 17, 2023
    burlesk, Scarface281, Yung-T and 9 others like this.
  6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Man, no one is gonna wanna play for Houston lol. Not a good look

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

North Carolina Raleigh product.... respek

8. conquistador#11

I don't remember Justin Patton and I watched every game!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'Dis Mfer was right.' said to JGreen and KPJ that this is a mess and if they ever get traded, they see other teams not doing that.

'Who gunna win with dis shiiiiet.'

'I ain't playin, worked out the day, doin nothing after 10:30 till the game, bored as shiit, go out like a Mfer.... wasting mah time.... Not doin that.'

#9 daywalker02, Jan 17, 2023
    ak99999 likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What? We're tankin? Say it ain't so ...

Probably not a good look for John to diss some former teammates, either. lol.

#10 Dr of Dunk, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  11. riko

riko Member

Sounds like stone is as big as a problem as Silas is

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Houston media had any spine they'll ask Stone/Silas/Tilman about this.

But they won't. Just will continue to write puff pieces I'm sure.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they play it like a barbershop talk podcast, enough truth but yeah perhaps overlooked.

Sure it's the truth Stone or Feigen won't give us.

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Dang Rockets traumatized that man.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

+

Nook and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the Harden part.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Rockets experience?) Trash. Beyond trash. I’m going there thinking James is gonna be there but he already wants out.

“We lost 20 in a row. We were trying to lose on purpose. Tanking. We started some dude named Justin Patton. Our starting lineup was me, David Nwaba, Jae’Sean Tate, Justin Patton, somebody else.”

“Don’t get used to this. This is not how the NBA is. Bad organization right now. They gotta fix some **** around. I always told Green/KPJ don’t get adjusted to this losing ****. That’s not how the league is. At the same time, had to tell them the **** you’re getting away with here, go on any other team, you’d be out the league. You wouldn’t play. I’m trying to explain that to them because they think it’s sweet.”

“2nd year, they didn’t want to play me at all. End of my first year, they said they want to bring me back, we love the way you’re leading the team, leadership for the young guys. I said “If God put me here to lead the young guys, that’s what it is but he didn’t put me here for y’all MFers to tank and me be a player that can still play and wasting my talent.”

“I would’ve been fine coming off the bench. Don’t just give the MFer the spot, let him earn it.”

“Coach said “How would you feel coming off the bench?” I said “For who? No offense but for who?” “This is what the GM wants. He wants you to play 10-15 minutes a game, sometimes don’t play.” I said I’m not doing that. Either you’re gonna guarantee me some minutes or I’m not. Let a MFer earn his spot. Coach said “You don’t deserve that, you should be a starter. This is what they want to do.” Well I’m not doing it. I’ll rehab, workout every day, stick around the team, come to meetings, fly with y’all, mentor the guys. Then it got to the point where don’t come around. They didn’t want me around. I had to work out at 7am before they got there. I’d be back home by 10:30 chilling all day. My kids are in Miami. ****, I can’t be here. I’m bored as ****. From 10:30 all day, I’m just chilling til the game at 7. I get there at 6:59. I ain’t playing. I already worked out for the day. I’m in a whole ‘nother place. Bro, this is boring as hell. I’m wasting money for no reason. I said let me go back to Miami. Get on a regular schedule, spend time with my kids everyday until I get traded. I didn’t get traded. Got a buyout and signed here.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, everybody traumatized John Wall. Every interview he's in he's talking about how somebody did him wrong. He still talks about how Tyler Hansbrough did him wrong and was the reason he didn't go to North Carolina. lol.

joshuaao, Mathloom, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clowns don't even do that....