1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall "liked" proposed article trade recently

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApacheWarrior, Jul 14, 2021.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Would rather buy him out or even cut him then trade a pick to dump him, completely pointless

DCkid and clos4life like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

John Wall is fake AF.

ApacheWarrior and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko and I already have the limo on standby to get him to the airport.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No its a horrible trade for the Clippers lol. But one can dream.

I can't think of a single other team where its even a possibility.

Who would want John Wall? At least he only has 2 years left on his deal (last year being a player option, but even if he wanted to decline it for 3 more guaranteed years or whatever, that'd be dumb... its $47 million that last year... so unless he comes out and puts up 20/10 with solid efficiency, stays relatively healthy and defends decent, he's not declining that option.

Any other place and you really do have to start adding assets. And no way im doing that beyond what i discussed - some kind of "oh, we have 3 first round picks this year, you can have the worst one".

If NYK strike out completely in FA, trades for other players, maybe something like
    Wall + that worst first described above for Payton and Knox

But that seems like a Knick move of 5 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they add to their team in a good way this offseason.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Do teams usually do a buyout with 2 years left on a deal? Or just wait till next year?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t even blame him lol…if I was John Wall, I wouldn’t want to be in Houston either

I’d much rather be with Paul George and the rest of the Clippers and actually be playing for something instead of being on the Rockets where we’re hoping to get another top draft pick

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Blake Griffin still had a year left on his deal when he was bought out.

BossHogg713 and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

John Wall for Kawhi even with 2 bad ACL's - sign me up!!

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you really squint, and If Kawhi/Serge really are out for next year, the Kennard/Beverley/Ibaka for Wall trade makes some sense.

h-townfan likes this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Can we just give wall to a team? Just like a donation or something? I’d sign up for that too.

burlesk, Denovo, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Wall & #24
    For
    NYK get an FRP & “ franchise player“.
    We move down 8 spots and draft the same tier player on a more team friendly contract.

ApacheWarrior and sydmill like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Never forget John Wall was pick No. 1 , and whats even worse, he's legit, he wasn't a bust.

Cade, Green, Mobley and the rest would consider themselves happy if they end up players of his caliber.
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

tinman likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Probably need a third team to take Morris and the guards.. I don't view late FRP as valuable as some, but taking back both Morris and Kennard isn't worth giving up a first.

Like I said many times before, if Wall wants out then he's going to need to give up that player option to resign somewhere else.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While this trade doesn't excite me in the least bit, one thing it would accomplish is giving us more moveable contracts than the John Wall albatross. That alone might be worth a late FRP.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’d hang on to him. I mean, I’d rather trade him away, obviously, but I’d rather keep him than pick up a whole bunch more trash. As long as he stays healthy, he can eat minutes while we continue to lose and rebuild. Once that contract finally does expire, you’ve got something. Hell, this team isn’t going to win much before then anyway.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

A "like" is cheap but I don't see him giving up very many of those millions to pave the road for him to get to LA. If John Wall wants to be in LA so bad, he can take a lot of money off the table to make it happen...otherwise, he can be the world's most expensive cheerleader and keep the Houston uni and try to grow the young guys who's whole career is ahead of them.

I get Wall's perspective, but it's a prison of his own choosing. He has to walk the walk if he wants to get to a title contender because he hasn't really done anything in Houston that merits the team eating any more bad contracts just to make him happy....especially at the expense of our younger future team.

#36 glimmertwins, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would be amazing to move him, but the single issue that the Clippers or any front office will have is if he's even going to be able to play, or if he'll be injured all next season once again.

Even if it's dollar for dollar bad contracts, if I'm in the Clippers front office I still push back on the trade if it's players like Ibaka, and Beverly who are much much more likely to contribute to the game of basketball. Beverly was actually pretty damn good on defense for much of the WCF series. He was one of the few bright spots IMO.

So unless Ballmer or Paul George are just John Wall super fans, I just don't think they are making this trade at least until December after John Wall shows he is actually healthy this time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think people should just get kind of used to Wall being on the team even if he's not really on the team. Only thing worse than John Wall and his contract is Westbrook and his contract on a team trying to rebuild with young talent. John Wall can exist in that reality. Westbrook cannot.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You mean the young player that was regarded as a locker room distraction by the other team and eventually sent him out for free?

Sounds like a great logic.

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Why would the Clippers take this deal? I can't see them being that interested in Wall. Especially when Morris and Beverley were two of their best playoff performers? I don't mind the deal personally from our side, I just don't see the Clips pulling the trigger or being very interesting in Wall.

I think we'll see Wall traded before the start of the season. Him "liking" trade articles tells me he's probably been informed that the team will be looking to move him this offseason, because he's usually a very loyal guy to the city he plays for and has said all the right things about Houston. I just don't think that trade will be with the Clippers, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Knicks will take him

fattz and hakeem94 like this.