1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[John Wall] doesn't tweet about Rockets Draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Jul 30, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

We can talk about Wall all we want, but he has been professional.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Contracts in the future need to be tied to performance. These 30-40 million dollar players producing jack should be paid much less by teams when they underperform, maybe 50% and the other 50% from some form of fund or insurance.

burlesk, TMac'n and saleem like this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Relax. at least we do not have CP3's contact.

Worst contract evah!

burlesk and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nothing to see. He knows that he's not in our plans. Unfortunately, I'm guessing he's not in anyone else's either.

burlesk likes this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

It's frustrating that we sold low on CP3 and had to give up draft picks to move him, then one year later OKC got assets back for him. And we sold low on Russ, and one year later Washington got assets back for him.
    Meanwhile, we are stuck with John Wall for now. Really is an unfortunate series of trades that explains how we are where we are.

With that said, IMO, the less we hear of John Wall at all, the better- until it's hopefully some trade announcement

MoMobley, burlesk and clos4life like this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

LOL our Franchise Player didnt comment on the draft of his Franchise

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wait, people seriously want this dude to talk? Everyone and their moms know that both sides want to move on from each other ASAP now that this tank commander duties are done. If he's speaking about us positively, it means he is still involved with the Rockets and that is bad. If he is speaking about us negatively, that's drama and also bad. Silence is golden here. Only time I want to hear from Wall or about Wall is when he is traded.

MoMobley and burlesk like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

hmm, imagine…

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I think he would’ve been a better fit in LA. Hell I think anyone they were talking about would’ve been a better fit. Can’t believe they passed on Buddy for Westbrook. It had to have came from LBJ but I don’t get it.

BHannes2BHonest and burlesk like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This is what all Wall cares about right now......

[​IMG]

He don't give a **** about us.

AroundTheWorld and Texanasiafan like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and alethios like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Cause John Wall knows what the people want

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but think about this.....

With Russ we don't sniff Green
    That first round pick that came with Wall(plus Det.) turned into Sengun
    And, when the time is right...Stone will use Wall's contract as a facilitating piece for something big. (or the precursor that sets up el grande)

14. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Yeah, but you'd think we'd still be in this position right now where we have some really good draft picks at 2, 16, 23, 24? I mean, Wall is the Tank Commander after all. I don't think those 3 you mentioned would have netted us the #2 pick. With those guys I think we would have had a slightly better record (still wouldn't make playoffs), but we probably would have landed anywhere from #5 to #10 and would have lost the pick. I'd rather have these guys we drafted last night, than those Lakers you just mentioned.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Probably not but it would put a ton of pressure on John Wall to accept a buyout or get himself traded. If he just chose to sit around and collect checks he may never play again. If he got desperate maybe he'd decline his player option to be set free. The delusions of "franchise player" require a drastic measure imo, this is it. The only thing he can do is command a tank and I don't want that presence on this team. The price for a culture reset, a new, young, exciting group is 45 million dollars. Accept the charge Tillionaire.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He’s been a professional so far and hopefully that doesn’t change. Hopefully he and the Rockets will work together to put him a much situation, he just has to be patient. I’m sure Stone and co. have assured him they’re doing what they can and to just roll with it until then. Trading him to a playoff team in need of a PG like the Clippers or Knicks would be ideal.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets sold low on Paul and WB. They went on to bounce back and restore a lot of their value.

Wall will be another year removed from his missed season. I’d bet that Wall will restore some of his lost value as well.

Only problem is that there are now young guards who need playing time. Who’s ego is gonna be ok coming off the bench?

Probably best to just trade wall if anyone will take him even if we lose the trade. Augustine can be the vet pg off the bench and mentor to the young guys. The youngsters need to stretch their wings.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He is being pofessional at sucking on the floor?

19. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Was being sarcastic.

burlesk likes this.
  20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I assumed the three periods"..." would be taken as an obvious sign of sarcasm. Should of used an emoji

glimmertwins and burlesk like this.