1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall- Career Prediction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nachbarFTW, Oct 24, 2010.

?

Highest career accomplishment of John Wall?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. HOFer, multiple MVPs, 3+ Championships

16 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. 1+ MVP, 1-2 Championships

42 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Deep playoff player, 1 MVP

49 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Career All-star

121 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Solid Point Guard on winning team

22 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong...

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Here's how I will rank the point guards (in terms of individual stats and not success), after this year:

1. Rajon Rondo (will have Steve Nash MVP type numbers this year)
    2. Derrick Rose (will have highest in points of all point guards)
    3. John Wall (will have the best all-around stats)
    4. Deron Williams (will average almost a double double)
    5. Chris Paul (will have decent stats)

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Hater.

Kid actually went up a notch in my book. First game in DC, and he busts out the Dougie.

Sorry he didn't quietly rise from the bench with his neatly tucked in warmups and an empty look in his eyes, respectfully shake each one of his teammates' hands, and stroll on to the floor like Duncan or Battier...

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Cartier Martin hit a 3 to send it to OT.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Don't forget Russell Westbrook kicked Rose in the rump in their season opener. Between points, assists and rebounds, Westbrook will probably have the most balanced stats.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the best all-around PG is clearly chris paul. he can score with the best of them, pass with the best of them, and D up pretty well. when healthy, i think he's the best PG in the L.

derrick rose, if he keeps going at this rate, will be the 2nd best PG. he's clearly the best scoring PG in the L. he can average 28-30ppg if he wants to (and on that team, he may have to until boozer comes back). when boozer comes back, expect his assist to go up. he'll average something like 23-24ppg and 8apg by year's end. his playmaking is underrated.

deron williams and nash are consistent. they're right in the thick of things.

rondo is an enigma. he's not a PG i choose to start my team with b/c you have to get players to hide his offensive weaknesses. he plays on a team with a lot of finishers so it helps him. i think a part of his production is due to the system (eg he can't duplicate this kind of production on any other team). but he's still really good and he has to be top 5 right now.

john wall. turnovers are killing his efficiency right now but he has the potential to be an all-time great. absolute monster.

westbrook is awesome but still too streaky for my liking. when he's on, i actually think he's the thunder most valuable player.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Oops.. completely forgot about Westbrook. Yeah he may be #3 on my list bumping the others down.

Chris Paul? He looks fat and not as motivated as he used to be. Don't think he'll be top 5 this year.

8. t_mac1

20 pts, 9apg, 6rpg, 50%fg, 43% 3s, his team is 3-0. and paul seems to still getting his rhythm back. and his roster isn't as loaded as most of the other top PGs.

if people watch paul, he has a rugged body. fat, sheesh. now knicks' curry or jemarcus russell, now that's fat.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My fantasy team is really enjoying having Wall and Westbrook right now - esp in a 20 team roto.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

We'll see if he keeps this up.. I just don't think he has the athleticism to guard the new era of point guards (Westbrook, Rose, Wall)

11. t_mac1

can they guard paul?

i think it's hard to guard any elite player 1-on-1 anyways in the NBA.