1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall’s value is increasing more than any other player on our roster. Should we trade him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 10, 2021.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly, that's why I mentioned the Westbrook deal as a parallel trade. Trading for someone else's problem that doesn't really change your position. I think next year we can dump him for expirings. We could open two max slots in a year everyone is a FA with Wood, possible 2 top 4 picks, assets from trades we make now, lots of current assets to make other moves, and a team full of young players and no bad contracts. Two max FA looking to build a team will LOVE that flexibility.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Boston's gives us a first and Kemba for wall you would have to consider it.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

If he was making 20m per year this wouldn't even be the same conversation. His contract would be insanely hot across the league. Again I ask you all though. If you have a team full of rookies and don't win much, why would anyone stay? You only can get 3 to 4 year contracts, you are tank city the moral will be down and it will be a toxic environment.

4. dmoneybangbang

Wall has been better than I thought he would be, but I would bet we aren't able to move him without attaching a pick/asset until his last season ($47 million expiring).

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

No one should be off limits on this roster. No one.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's a lower cap hit and a 1st so on paper it makes sense but that's not the issue. The Celtics are VERY worried about Kemba right now and should be. They want to build around Tatum and Brown with cheaper pieces and are looking to do what we are with his contract. If you could tell me we could do that deal and then flip Kemba to NYC the next day I would be all over it. Kemba is back to playing but he has chronic knee problems and cannot play back to backs and is struggling right now. This is a long term issue from prior injuries and I don't think is going to be alright. Wall at least gives me confidence that athletically he looks the same as before.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re acting like the alternative is having some good, really competitive team...the Rockets aren’t winning much either way, it’s only a matter of if u would rather try and get a top 4 pick, or finish as the 10th or 11th seed in the West

The only player currently on this roster who’s leaving would sting is Wood, but it’s not like he’s some franchise player. He has 2 years left on his deal, are the Rockets supposed to go from what they currently are to really good and relevant in those 2 years? Why is embarking on the mediocrity treadmill missing the playoffs or getting viciously slapped in the 1st round gonna make Wood want to stay?