1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Stockton at it again ........

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ExTexanNowEastCoast, May 19, 2022.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I believe elections workers did a great job. I trust the independent monitors who came to the same conclusion. Throwing into doubt the integrity of the election results with flimsy speculation and overt social media misinformation (tons of evidence of this) is anti-democratic to the extreme. Trump and co. scheming to throw out voting results altogether in some states is anti-democratic to the extreme. Condemn that, and then maybe you can lecture others about caring about the democratic process.

#101 durvasa, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it’s left up to Legislatures to just decide on their own to overturn the elections in their states that would be throwing away many peoples votes.

That would be saying that all that matters is what a majority in the legislature thinks. Not their state election boards, not the state courts and not even their own election laws.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look. You're new here. I've quoted and cited the report and significant passages from it as have others on this frontier of the bbs.

You're free to search it up. And for the record, I'm not lying.

#103 FranchiseBlade, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I kind of doubt he’s new. Probably a returning older member. The moniker suggests he was part of the community from way back.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

#105 DaDakota, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. PeppermintCandy

The original link takes you to an article on the Salt Lake Tribune. According to the report, the woman was the wife of a former team chiropractor for the Utah Jazz. It sounds like he wrote the letter to help out a friend or a wife of a former colleague and vouch for her character.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2022/05/19/john-stockton-writes/

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he was in support of what happened. However, the letter he sent doesn't seem to say anything about his political views.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising John Stockton has a-hole friends.

D-rock, DaDakota and PeppermintCandy like this.