1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Rocker speaks out about Chipper

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by countingcrow, Jun 28, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Rocker talkin' trash about ex-teammates

Prentis Rogers and Carroll Rogers - Staff

Thursday, June 28, 2001

It took John Rocker but five days to open his mouth and break his silence about being traded by the Braves to the Cleveland Indians. And it was typical Rocker.

Egged on by 96-Rock (WKLS-FM) disc jockeys Larry Wachs and Eric Von Haessler during their morning show

Wednesday, Rocker trashed Chipper Jones.
    During a 20-minute interview with Rocker, Wachs and Von Haessler brought up Jones on two different occasions.

On the second one, Rocker said when he approached Jones concerning a "flippant comment" he made about Rocker's actions during a bench-clearing against the Toronto Blue Jays two weeks ago, "He gave some tired excuse. . . . Chip's white trash anyway. . . . He's never had much respect for me, so I don't have much respect for him."

When Wachs and Von Haessler first brought up Jones and his post-trade comment about breathing easier in the ninth, Rocker said, "He's as two-faced as they came. . . . I never thought he was my pal."

Rocker actually had broken his silence with New York reporters Tuesday, and the Braves took note.

He had this to say about his stay in Atlanta: "Unless you're one of their golden boys like (Greg) Maddux and (John) Smoltz and Chipper (Jones) or (Tom) Glavine, you know that a series of mess-ups might get you a ticket out of there."

Glavine and Jones were interested but took a professional approach.

Glavine: "Why should I sit here and dog Rocker. He doesn't deserve my response."

Jones: "I'm not going to allow anything he says to rile me up. That chapter is over with."

I know I am probably in the minority here regarding Rocker, but I am glad he came out and made the statements he made about his former teammates. Chipper has always been two-faced and he has such a smug demeanor. He should know how it feels to face controversy after his bout with his illegitemate child being forayed into the media. Chipper is a punk and I am glad Rocker let it be known that Atlanta is not the place it is cracked up to be!

------------------

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Wow, Rocker sure is a class act who has learned his lesson! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

At least Rocker speaks his mind. Thats what the 1st Ammendmant is all about.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

countingcrow,

I'm sure Hitler and David Duke said some true things in their lives too. Rocker is not exactly what I'd call a "reliable source", so I take anything that dork says with a couple thousand grains of salt.

Yeah, and as in Rocker's case it makes it easier to know who the idiots are....

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

John Rocker calling Chipper Jones "white trash" is damn funny. Kind of like George W. Bush calling Al Gore an "honest politician"! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That is one scary dude!!!

------------------

7. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

Chipper deserves to be called white trash because he is. The guy has beat his wife, and had children out of wedlock.

The acehole reminds me of my stepdad.

------------------
    The proud President of "The Tree Question." Foundation.

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

Quote from from Colby:

"Let me recap for you:

We have harnesed fire, landed on the moon, and cloned some sheep."

The coldest reply ever given to a newbie.

8. RocksMillenium

I know Chipper had an affair on his wife, but I don't remember him beating his wife. Either way that is his personal life and should be dealt with accordingly. Rocker's ignorant comments were associated with sports. Even when he made those comments about New York he was talking to a sports magazine. Rocker is an idiot, nobody likes him, and I agree with Chipper Jones and the Atlanta Braves. I mean, of all people to call somebody white trash, John Rocker! The same guy who called a teammate a "fat monkey".

------------------

9. RocksMillenium

By the way, having children out of wedlock isn't a bad thing, how is it!? My mother had my sister and me out of wedlock, does that mean she is trash!? Not to get to serious, but come on, having a kid out of wedlock makes him a bad guy!?

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited June 29, 2001).]